• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

installing AWE exhaust in place of OEM

JCC

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
likely doing this Saturday in the driveway and wondering if I should replaced bolts with anti-seize/similar or just put them back as is

not sure if I should be able to use sockets and wrenches or if I need to take the opportunity to get some power impact tools

also, wondering if there is any reason to hold onto the OEM exhaust for long

debating if I will just stay with the bash guards or go with the full system to the exhaust tips that locate at the same place as OEM - not necessarily planning on going off road much in the truck, but kind of like the idea of hidden exhaust pipes(could always go back and forth which is kind of the idea of that part of this system)

It should include all necessary hardware. The only thing I'd source myself is the gasket if one it not supplied. That's how it's been for all my exhausts. I've gone through several over the years.
Skimmed through the .pdf. Seems they state what's reused and what's supplied.
Then there is the crush and donut gaskets.

I would just swap those for new ones unless they look like new.

17451-0D060​

Last edited:
It should include all necessary hardware. The only thing I'd source myself is the gasket if one it not supplied. That's how it's been for all my exhausts. I've gone through several over the years.
Skimmed through the .pdf. Seems they state what's reused and what's supplied.
Then there is the crush and donut gaskets.

I would just swap those for new ones unless they look like new.

17451-0D060​

much appreciated and agreed the instructions do not say anything about using something for the bolts when installing

completed today and this made me laugh

1697771589986.png

I did not actually see a rubber gasket of any kind on the furthest part of the OEM exhaust when removing it so wondering why that is

I did see this gasket on one of the pipes, but saw nothing on the other one

1697818984170.png

Back