• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

icon rxt alignment issue

sonofcar

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Cement
got icon rxt leafs to replace my sagging stock leafs. Got everything back together, went for a test drive and and the truck is pulling to the left. Now where did I mess up? thanks in advance for any info!

Attachments

• 80EA6394-193F-4F8F-A07E-5F2004F5457F.jpeg
    80EA6394-193F-4F8F-A07E-5F2004F5457F.jpeg
    407 KB · Views: 105
got icon rxt leafs to replace my sagging stock leafs. Got everything back together, went for a test drive and and the truck is pulling to the left. Now where did I mess up? thanks in advance for any info!

area you raking in the front?? is the rear higher or lower??

Chances are it could have thrown off the front. Do you feel it pulling from the rear?

Upvote 0
area you raking in the front?? is the rear higher or lower??

Chances are it could have thrown off the front. Do you feel it pulling from the rear?

it is raked. about 1” over what the truck was stock (i think). Didn’t think it would be enough to mess up the front tho.

Upvote 0
it is raked. about 1” over what the truck was stock (i think). Didn’t think it would be enough to mess up the front tho.
Whenever you change ride height or positioning your geometry changes and its best to go get an alignment.

Upvote 0
Check the center pin on your springs.

meaning? I put it back in straight and torqued it to spec.

i do have a difference of 3/16 to 1/4 from spring and rear spring pivot points so maybe undo the u bolts and re tighten to see if i can get it straight.

Upvote 0
so jacked the truck back up, loosened the u bolts, using some ratchet straps pulled the rear end parallel with the leaf spring pivot bolt location, then retorqued. Also took a measurement from the front wheels to the the rear wheels before and after, 7/16 before under a 1/16 now and drives like it did before.

Might still get an alignment but will do it at my next service.

thanks for the help everyone.

Upvote 0
Back