• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

ICON or FOX suspension???

DJShaggyLBC

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
I'm on the fence about which to get....ok let me rephrase that. I can get a killer deal on Fox suspension if I want it but is Icon worth paying a lot more for or are they similar enough to not notice a huge difference considering the money I will save?

Im having similar issues deciding and im leabing more towards Fox from what ive been reading, also if you have such good deal on fox you should definetly share it lol

If it matters, I have a good opinion on this! While I have no experience with fox, I do have the icon stage 3 kit installed and I believe it was all worth the money even after 1.5 years of running them. The icon AAL helps lift the truck and is an improvement; however, I noticed that it made my long bed a bit bouncier until I threw some weight in the bed. Good Luck!

I have the same Icon stage 3 setup w/aal. Could not be anymore pleased with the purchase. Would definitely recommend Icon.

Anyone have input on Kings? King is local to me so I think it would be easier to go with them if I need any service in the future, I can just go to their shop

Anyone have input on Kings? King is local to me so I think it would be easier to go with them if I need any service in the future, I can just go to their shop
I don't have Kings but I've heard many good things about those running them. Since they're local, that would be enough for me to go with them. Being able to go to the shop is nice.

I don't have Kings but I've heard many good things about those running them. Since they're local, that would be enough for me to go with them. Being able to go to the shop is nice.
Yeah I've heard a lot of good about them + being local is nice. Still on the fence between Bilsteins and Kings. Tough decision :/

Yeah I've heard a lot of good about them + being local is nice. Still on the fence between Bilsteins and Kings. Tough decision :/
I guess for that it’s how much money do you want to spend. 5100’s if you don’t want to spend too much.

If your even thinking kings then I'd say get them. I'll be doing icon but that's cause icon is a bit cheaper for me.

Go king, all the way.

If your even thinking kings then I'd say get them. I'll be doing icon but that's cause icon is a bit cheaper for me.
Thats my dilemma, I get a crazy good deal on Fox but dont wanna have to buy twice and end up spending more in the long run if they suck

if you are considering bilstein, look into their 8100 series suspension. it seems to be comparible to the kings, but i'm just biased.

I have Icon stage 4 with tubular upper control arms and aal in the back great setup but has someone mentions the AAl is bouncy and will sag with weight . I'll be changing mine out for a ome Dakar. But again as mentioned before if you get a sick deal on fox there also good . Kings are awesome ,old man emu bp51s are awesome as well .

Last edited:
I currently am on the fence as well, although from what I've heard since Icon is digressive they are pretty stiff at slower speeds off road. On another thread on tacomaworld people are complaining about how Icon does not have very good customer service. If I were you I would pull the trigger on the Fox's, especially if you can get a better deal for them.

I have fox 2.5 non resi up front with 14in 700lbs coilovers. 2.0 resi in rear with ome medium leaf pack. Feels great to me

Back