• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Husky X-Act Fit Contour Floor Mats - A review and my opinion vs Weathertech and OEM.

Hodakaguy

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
A Quick review of Husky X-act Contour floor liners compared to Toyota All weather mats. Just received our Husky floor mats, Very impressed. The fit is excellent, extended coverage and they come with a floor anchor for the passenger side for us 2016/2017 owners who have the ever creeping passenger side floor mat issue.

The included floor anchor is super easy to install, it just screws down into the carpet/under-matting, then the passenger side floor mat snaps onto the keeper.. Installing all mats takes only a few minutes. The Husky's offer a lot more coverage than the Toyota all weather mats, keep that carpet in good cond! Bunch of pics for those wanting to see them in the truck.

In the past I've always been a WeatherTech fan but my last couple sets eventually lost their shape, plus they were almost impossible to get clean once used. I like the feel/texture of the Husky liners better, time will tell if they hold up better :)

Drivers side Husky next to the same OEM unit.

P2030005-X3.jpg

Passenger side units

P2030006-X3.jpg

And rear mats

P2030002-X3.jpg

And installed in the truck....Drivers side

P2030019-X3.jpg

P2030016-X3.jpg

Passenger side floor anchor included with the kit, this screws down into the carped/under matting.

P2030032-X3.jpg

Anchor installed on passenger side floor....No more sliding Mats!!!

P2030029-X3.jpg

P2030026-X3.jpg

And passenger side mat installed, the mat snaps onto the anchor....nice and secure!

P2030030-X3.jpg

P2030013-X3.jpg

P2030011-X3.jpg

And rear mat installed.

P2030024-X3.jpg

P2030023-X3.jpg

Hodakaguy

How are the outer edges? Do they stay nice and tight like in the photos or end up flopping over a little? Is the single p/s anchor sufficent? I installed 2 for my OEM mat. And does the back move at all? The OEM rear mat sure does. Thanks!

Upvote 0
@Hodakaguy, loving these detailed posts! I went with the WeatherTech front and rear mats, I do have trouble getting them really clean, but they are better than the OEM all weather mats. If I had read this review before, I probably would have went with the Husky mats.
How easy are the Husky's to keep clean?

Upvote 0
How are the outer edges? Do they stay nice and tight like in the photos or end up flopping over a little? Is the single p/s anchor sufficent? I installed 2 for my OEM mat. And does the back move at all? The OEM rear mat sure does. Thanks!

So far they are still fitting perfectly, the passenger side mat has stayed rock solid with the single anchor point, same with the rear (That's with my 10 year old son riding back there). I'm still very happy with them.

Hodakaguy

Upvote 0
@Hodakaguy, loving these detailed posts! I went with the WeatherTech front and rear mats, I do have trouble getting them really clean, but they are better than the OEM all weather mats. If I had read this review before, I probably would have went with the Husky mats.
How easy are the Husky's to keep clean?

The Husky units are a lot easier to clean, they actually look clean once you clean them. I still have weathertech in my wife's car and hate how I can't get them clean, just like my old set the edges on hers are starting to curl and no longer fit properly, Time will tell if the Husky's hold true or curl as well. This is my first set of Husky mats, so far I'm hooked.

Hodakaguy

Upvote 0
Another vote for the X-Act Fit Contours in the 3rd gen. Mine have performed very well.

I usually shake out the rocks and dirt every few car washes, but with enough mud exposure they eventually need a thorough cleaning. This time around, I'm going to try applying some interior trim protectant to see if I can make the cleaning process a bit easier next time.

Upvote 0
I have carpet floor mats right now that came with mine, I may have to upgrade to these now! Great post thanks!

Upvote 0
Damn. Here I was, happy with my OEM rubber mats. THANKS A LOT TOM. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Damn. Here I was, happy with my OEM rubber mats. THANKS A LOT TOM. :rolleyes:

Ueah those things are shit. I have two sets of OEM i gotta offload

Husky Xacts been working great. Although my still manages to dislodge the passenger side one when she gets in (raised truck problems)

Upvote 0
Back