• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

How’s everyone holdin' up? T3G's therapeutic mental health and general chat thread.

If I could stop thinking about things then I think I would be ok. This doesnt happen often, but when it does, it is so draining. Honestly, my dog has been keeping me sane. I love that guy. Never leaves me alone when Im at home.
Same with my two dogs. I should’ve mentioned them.

Tyler,

Appreciate your openness. Have had some dark times myself. Thankful you've found a way to keep moving.

Life has meaning. But finding it is a journey. Looking forward to watching you find it.
Looking forward to finding it somewhere out there while I live on the road. :)

I’m ready to get the fuck outside and camp. Between this covid crap and weather here in the Midwest it’s been shitty.

Me too!
It's been bad for my mental health and relationship being cooped up.
The wife and I are planning a couple weeks on the road to explore, have fun and reconnect.
We are starting from Central Colorado.
Haven't even decided where to go.
Maybe explore some hot springs.
Or find a national forest somewhere that doesn't have a fire ban.

Good luck finding some trails and some change of scenery. I've been seeing the fires and heavy smoke in Colorado and it doesn't look fun. Stay safe and try to find some clean air, then upload the pictures. Try to smile. Fake it at first if you have to... sometimes it's the jumpstart the body needs to start sending down some dopamine. Try to avoid infini-scrolling online -- the platforms make money on our fear, anger and hook us into an addictive loop.

Getting out there with your lady and not having phones and streaming services will be wonderful. We're completely over sitting on our couch and watching endless content indoors. We've picked up new books, new hobbies, and we've each tried learning something new.

I've been using a map from purpleAir to track air quality for friends out west, you could probably use it to find clean air or at least check the air of where you're going. https://www.purpleair.com/map?opt=1/mAQI/a10/cC0#6.6/38.661/-105.852

and here's a fire and smoke map from the gov https://fire.airnow.gov/ to also help in route planning.

best of luck getting out there!

We just got a tropical storm last night and it looks like we may have up to five named storms heading our way next week down here plus I'm in a covid hotzone. If this isn't our zombie apocalypse I do not want to see what is. That said, I have faith that humans are resilient and we are really good at rebuilding. So I'm hopeful that these fires once they pass help renew the land out west and we start seeing some cycles turning in the other direction. Maybe I'm a dreamer :D

Good luck out there though. Do goofy childish shit with your wife and just try to laugh as much as you can. Find things to love in each day

Good luck finding some trails and some change of scenery. I've been seeing the fires and heavy smoke in Colorado and it doesn't look fun. Stay safe and try to find some clean air, then upload the pictures. Try to smile. Fake it at first if you have to... sometimes it's the jumpstart the body needs to start sending down some dopamine. Try to avoid infini-scrolling online -- the platforms make money on our fear, anger and hook us into an addictive loop.

Getting out there with your lady and not having phones and streaming services will be wonderful. We're completely over sitting on our couch and watching endless content indoors. We've picked up new books, new hobbies, and we've each tried learning something new.

I've been using a map from purpleAir to track air quality for friends out west, you could probably use it to find clean air or at least check the air of where you're going. https://www.purpleair.com/map?opt=1/mAQI/a10/cC0#6.6/38.661/-105.852

and here's a fire and smoke map from the gov https://fire.airnow.gov/ to also help in route planning.

best of luck getting out there!

We just got a tropical storm last night and it looks like we may have up to five named storms heading our way next week down here plus I'm in a covid hotzone. If this isn't our zombie apocalypse I do not want to see what is. That said, I have faith that humans are resilient and we are really good at rebuilding. So I'm hopeful that these fires once they pass help renew the land out west and we start seeing some cycles turning in the other direction. Maybe I'm a dreamer :D

Good luck out there though. Do goofy childish shit with your wife and just try to laugh as much as you can. Find things to love in each day
Thanks for the words of encouragement!
My wife and I definitely connect well in the outdoors, our honeymoon 26 years ago was a camping road trip out west.

Riding in the truck, singing along to songs and picking the next destination off the map is so much fun.
Unplugging from the stress that is becoming everyday life will be great therapy.

Riding in the truck, singing along to songs and picking the next destination off the map is so much fun.
Unplugging from the stress that is becoming everyday life will be great therapy.

That pretty much sums up why we built our truck and what we use it for. :cool: 👍

Thanks for the words of encouragement!
My wife and I definitely connect well in the outdoors, our honeymoon 26 years ago was a camping road trip out west.

Exactly :) Sounds beautiful bro. Hope you get the destination pinned and find some clean air and quiet spaces. My wife is so sick of being cooped up too but due to circumstances we're stuck here at least eight months. Trying to relocate by next summer just not sure where yet since it looks like fkn end times outside.

Have fun on the road and enjoy!

Man.... Between working 60+ hours a week, 6 days a week with 1 day off in between and the wildfires in my area, I have been beyond stressed. Smoke is so bad my lungs have been burning for 2 days. I'm fine when I wake up but after an hour or so outside the house, it burns.

Been worried the most about losing everything from one of these fires. We just got taken off of Evacuation watch but I have a feeling we will be put back onto it. Idk, it might just be me over exaggerating things. I haven't felt this scared/hopeless in forever.

Always keep some hope in the reserve tank. You're not imaging or exaggerating but you can make it through this. I've never dealt with wildfires but I've been dealing with hurricanes my entire life and it takes a lot out of you having to monitor paths and models, while preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. Do as much as you can to prepare to bug out and if they tell you to go, they mean it. PM2.5 filters might help with the smoke, you can slide them into your mask if your mask has a slot for it. Else, try double masking it like a buff then a mask over if you can bare it.

Can't imagine working 60+ hours right now or even being outside with all that smoke and fire. Any way for you to get out of there and find some cleaner air?

Hoping you can get the heck out of there and soon man. Keep us posted. Anyone else nearby with any ideas?

Always keep some hope in the reserve tank. You're not imaging or exaggerating but you can make it through this. I've never dealt with wildfires but I've been dealing with hurricanes my entire life and it takes a lot out of you having to monitor paths and models, while preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. Do as much as you can to prepare to bug out and if they tell you to go, they mean it. PM2.5 filters might help with the smoke, you can slide them into your mask if your mask has a slot for it. Else, try double masking it like a buff then a mask over if you can bare it.

Can't imagine working 60+ hours right now or even being outside with all that smoke and fire. Any way for you to get out of there and find some cleaner air?

Hoping you can get the heck out of there and soon man. Keep us posted. Anyone else nearby with any ideas?

I appreciate it. One of my coworkers offered to house me until all of this is over. I'm stressing to much right now to be anywhere near my house.

I appreciate it. One of my coworkers offered to house me until all of this is over. I'm stressing to much right now to be anywhere near my house.

Best of luck you man. I can’t imagine what it’s like but take care and keep that chin up!

The thumbs up is for your friend getting you into a safer shelter and taking a little bit of the stress off you. I've been reaching out to all my friends in the fire and smoke areas and monitoring the air trying to see if there are better places for them to go. Do what you can to protect your things, but take care of yourself and loved ones first and foremost. Thank you friend for me for putting you up that's really kind of them. Best of luck and keep us posted bro. These are isolating times but we are not alone in this world. Be strong, you got this

Man.... Between working 60+ hours a week, 6 days a week with 1 day off in between and the wildfires in my area, I have been beyond stressed. Smoke is so bad my lungs have been burning for 2 days. I'm fine when I wake up but after an hour or so outside the house, it burns.

Been worried the most about losing everything from one of these fires. We just got taken off of Evacuation watch but I have a feeling we will be put back onto it. Idk, it might just be me over exaggerating things. I haven't felt this scared/hopeless in forever.
Can you afford to work less? I'm a firm believer that working like that is not healthy for anyone, especially during your current circumstances. Don't think you need to grind like that just because the system in America normalizes it. Let yourself slow down and rest. You will get through it though. I don't know if this is your thing, but you or anyone else here can text me if it would help you feel like a break from reality. 631-456-0772

Let's not turn this into a debate thread.
Get enough of that everywhere else.

100% agree with this. Whatever your opinions are on the causes, we are oversaturated with information these days and don't need another place for debate. I am asking all members to please refrain from turning this into a debate thread. This thread is for supporting each others mental health, not contributing to it.

This post completely derails the entire nature of this thread. Completely. Nice 5th forum post, way to contribute positively to the conversation. Please troll elsewhere.

Yes let’s please not get political on the forum.

This is to support your fellow person in times of hardship

I wanna start off by saying thank you to each and every one of you. This community feels like a family and I love yall for that.

Best of luck you man. I can’t imagine what it’s like but take care and keep that chin up!
❤️
The thumbs up is for your friend getting you into a safer shelter and taking a little bit of the stress off you. I've been reaching out to all my friends in the fire and smoke areas and monitoring the air trying to see if there are better places for them to go. Do what you can to protect your things, but take care of yourself and loved ones first and foremost. Thank you friend for me for putting you up that's really kind of them. Best of luck and keep us posted bro. These are isolating times but we are not alone in this world. Be strong, you got this
Will do ❤️
Can you afford to work less? I'm a firm believer that working like that is not healthy for anyone, especially during your current circumstances. Don't think you need to grind like that just because the system in America normalizes it. Let yourself slow down and rest. You will get through it though. I don't know if this is your thing, but you or anyone else here can text me if it would help you feel like a break from reality. 631-456-0772

I'm sure I could. I've been contemplating on taking a couple mental health days either this week or next week.

I really appreciate that, Tyler. I have your number saved just in case. Thank you brother ❤️

I've been watching YouTube videos on my fire stick instead of regular TV for a while.
The amount of great content is amazing.
Some of filming technique people use while shooting alone is so darn professional.
I watched tyler swap out his leaf springs in his first video..
Great job by the way.
And lots of great adventures with couples and families.
And not gonna lie, easy to watch lite brite and other cute girls on adventures.

@tacoer your posts are not only causing friction in the otherwise peaceful community we have at T3G, but you’re also literally doing the exact opposite of what this thread is for.

This thread isn’t and never was a debate thread. None of us asked for political views or debates. You’re clearly causing trouble and you know you are. And of all places, this thread? Come on.

I will implement an official rule that disallows political debates anywhere on T3G. It never ends well and nothing about T3G is political, especially not mental health.

We’ve also had to delete 4 of your posts that are blatantly intended to stir drama, even after asking you to stop. This type of immature and malicious behavior has no place in our community. Therefore, you’re now one of the 3 members I’ve banned in 2 years.

The wife and I are making playlists for the road trip.
Truck karaoke is the best!
And when you are old like us the genres are endless.
I ordered up some subaru tweeters, my first stereo upgrade. Looks like a easy install.

I've been watching YouTube videos on my fire stick instead of regular TV for a while.
The amount of great content is amazing.
Some of filming technique people use while shooting alone is so darn professional.
I watched tyler swap out his leaf springs in his first video..
Great job by the way.
And lots of great adventures with couples and families.
And not gonna lie, easy to watch lite brite and other cute girls on adventures.
Quality YouTube videos are much more entertaining that TV nowadays, in my opinion. The wife and I binge YouTube and only watch TV if it’s one of our classic shows or one of those addictive Netflix specials.

nicholson.jpg

The wife and I are making playlists for the road trip.
Truck karaoke is the best!
And when you are old like us the genres are endless.
I ordered up some subaru tweeters, my first stereo upgrade. Looks like a easy install.

We do the same. haha

I had to ban him, sorry about that guys. Carry on.

It was the right move unfortunately. I would prefer to have had him stay and become a welcomed member, but he seemed intent on derailing this thread.

Quality YouTube videos are much more entertaining that TV nowadays, in my opinion. The wife and I binge YouTube and only watch TV if it’s one of our classic shows or one of those addictive Netflix specials.

I watch way to much YouTube and Netflix :ROFLMAO:

I upgraded to the youtube premium when Cobra Kai came out. Now we get commercial free video and music downloader too.

Back