• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hot Wheels / Diecast Models

I’m in Target right now. Never seen this Gladiator without doors. Gonna grab both and send the Hilux to one of you who wants it…. So, who wants it?

D10DFDE3-B4C1-4717-BD0D-921E718243C9.jpeg

Snagged these at Walmart just now! Anyone need a red one? I’ll trade a couple red ones for another blue one! I’ll ship to you, you ship to me!

1D63CBAF-D317-4F9A-9398-F79FBE7EA088.jpeg

@Paige brought me / you guys a surprise from the dollar store yesterday!

5932ABCA-407A-4911-8F61-590DFC903EC7.jpeg
Those 86 vans were something else. I remember my dad bringing home a dealer demo (along with some other cool cars) when he worked for Toyota in the 80s. The back seats actually turned around so you could see out the back window.

Wow, did those red ones just hit the stores?
I’ve seen them before, I bought my first one a few months ago. But I found it at a different Walmart.

Wow, did those red ones just hit the stores?
It seems like it. When I first made this thread, the blue ones were the norm. I couldn’t even find info on the red ones online expect for a crappy picture. But it kinda seems like they sent out boxes of red ones across the country? I still need to find a blue one.

Those 86 vans were something else. I remember my dad bringing home a dealer demo (along with some other cool cars) when he worked for Toyota in the 80s. The back seats actually turned around so you could see out the back window.
Remember the inward facing seats in the trucks of old station wagons?

Snagged these at Walmart just now! Anyone need a red one? I’ll trade a couple red ones for another blue one! I’ll ship to you, you ship to me!

1D63CBAF-D317-4F9A-9398-F79FBE7EA088.jpeg
Nice! I also need to find a blue one. But that Cherokee is badass so now that’s on my hunt list.

BA21BF19-331A-49F7-9A34-5957448609D3.jpeg

I let him have “my” Tacoma for pooping on the potty. He treated it very well for about a month. Kept it separate from his other cars, always knew where it was. Now he doesn’t know where it is. Haha

Just found this in my dad’s old stuff. Johnny Lightning “Toy Fair 2001”. Anyone know anything about them?

36B15151-E602-4B2F-B809-56B6CE06C153.jpeg

Today's grabs...

IMG_0782.jpeg
For me to keep or for a T3G forum giveaway?

IMG_0785.jpeg
IMG_0787.jpeg
IMG_0789.jpeg
IMG_0788.jpeg
This truck seems like it might be valuable? It was hidden on the shelves and I couldn't find any info about it online, which is kind of odd. It says limited edition of 9,600 made. I really don't know anything about this one.

Ive been building my own replica Hotwheel. I bought a few more to do a spray painted version now that I know how to drill them apart. Had to order the right color to make it accurate. Its super fun. I am also building one for a friend of mine who has a white one. If anyone wants one like their truck, Lets discuss how to make that happen. Ive been using modeling clay for the parts that I cannot get 3D printed.

Attachments

• tempImageV6qHPX.png
    tempImageV6qHPX.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
  • tempImageVnsKV6.png
    tempImageVnsKV6.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 65
  • tempImagey44j8E.png
    tempImagey44j8E.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
  • tempImagecB3aGW.png
    tempImagecB3aGW.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
  • tempImageChLvlW.png
    tempImageChLvlW.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 63
  • tempImageYfkQ7a.png
    tempImageYfkQ7a.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
  • tempImagevnBkIW.png
    tempImagevnBkIW.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
Bought the only 2 they had. Been looking for the white one, but found this one instead!
AC26D8F1-8B7E-4C4E-900D-E02709902EA3.jpeg

Ive been building my own replica Hotwheel. I bought a few more to do a spray painted version now that I know how to drill them apart. Had to order the right color to make it accurate. Its super fun. I am also building one for a friend of mine who has a white one. If anyone wants one like their truck, Lets discuss how to make that happen. Ive been using modeling clay for the parts that I cannot get 3D printed.
Do you have a 3D printer?
Stuff is easy to find and can be resized to fit anything.
Then you can always use tinkercad.com to make and edit your own files.
Example: For a free Rotopax long container, find the single ones and edit them together. Overlap and merge. Then scale for the size you need.

Thank you, I just got a 3D printer this past weekend and will check out his to source things or make my own as you suggest. Im addicted now to making many of these things.

Back