• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hood latch / Release failure

New Holland Overland

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.newhollandoverland.com
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
Has anyone had experience with their hood latches / releases not working properly?

Mine doesnt pop open the hood up anymore that little 1" to get access to the latch. And now my little release inside the cab doesnt have the audible "click" anymore...I can still open the hood if i stick my fingers along the edge and pry it open to get to the latch, but curious if others have had this issue on their 3rd gen taco.

Thoughts? ideas?

Never happened to me!
But I believe the hood latch is opened by a wire, Usually they will have a place where you can tighten the wire, maybe it went slack and isnt pulling enough to open the latch?

Upvote 0
Had the opposite problem with my last car. a strong wind or an 18 wheeler coming the other way would cause it to pop open like I pulled the release. Probably needs cleaned and greased. WD40, compressed air and white lithium grease.

Upvote 0
Never happened to me!
But I believe the hood latch is opened by a wire, Usually they will have a place where you can tighten the wire, maybe it went slack and isnt pulling enough to open the latch?
I turned the little hood bumps half a turn and suddenly it magically works again... :p

Upvote 0
Back