• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hitch Skids

WarFabArmor

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.warfabarmor.com
2016 SR5 DCSB Auto
Barcelona Red
Ok, let's be real for a second, if you have taken your truck, well, anywhere, chances are you have drug the hitch going up, or down. If you've been to Moab, then you have had the joy of experiencing the screech as your hitch slides down a ledge, it sucks.
So, how do you fix that? Aside from removing your hitch, and leaving your stock bumper caps vulnerable to getting ripped off, you can toss a skid there.
Our hitch skid is meant to sit tight, protecting the hitch and your chain hooks, provide a sliding surface for ledges, and our Abrams skid has to top step plate for easier access grabbing parts or coolers out of the bed.

Both skids
-1/4" steel skid and hitch
-3 hole adjustable for the right fit and protection
-*"Abrams" skid - raised top plate for step.

https://warfabarmor.com/collections/all
IMG_3741.jpg
IMG_3743.jpg
IMG_8396.jpg
Snapseed.jpg

Last edited:
Love the ingenuity of the integrated step in the Abrams skid. ?

So we are working on a new skid. The one pictured uses a different shackle mount than the production will use for space reasons. But this is the standard hitch skid with a 1" shackle mount. Welded inside and out on the receiver as well as welded to the skid. Tig root with mig final.
Looking for some thoughts on these. Anticipated price point is $90.

Attachments

• IMG_20190812_141326.jpg
    IMG_20190812_141326.jpg
    531.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20190812_141319.jpg
    IMG_20190812_141319.jpg
    565.3 KB · Views: 100
Back