Hill assist issues

• Hello, visitor! Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a resource for 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma owners.

Tacoma3G is a friendly community dedicated to 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and Overland Enthusiasts. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Twich47

✓ • Bronze
Upvotes Recieved
T3G Member
#2,199
Hey I’m a new 2019 TRD OR owner and on a few instances I’ve had issues taking off from a dead stop on a hill. It almost feels like ABS kicking on if I hold the gas on it powers thru and takes me up the hill. Also it never actually holds my truck on a hill it will coast back every time I take my foot off the breaks. Anyone else have this issue

Tacomadad18

✓ • Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Color
Barcelona Red
Truck Grade
SR5
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#2,122
That’s strange. I have had it roll back on me but it still works on most occasions. I don’t use it as a tool, it’s just nice if I’m trying to pull out into traffic and for that few seconds it holds the truck.

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Hey I’m a new 2019 TRD OR owner and on a few instances I’ve had issues taking off from a dead stop on a hill. It almost feels like ABS kicking on if I hold the gas on it powers thru and takes me up the hill. Also it never actually holds my truck on a hill it will coast back every time I take my foot off the breaks. Anyone else have this issue
While I don’t have a MT, I know the truck does this for most people with the OR model. While it’s not ideal, it don’t think it’s broken and your truck is behaving normally in this case.

Malcolm

✓ • Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cement
Truck Grade
Pro
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
You can use the extra power button that’s located in the center console area below the climate controls. This will give you a better throttle response overall.
Pretty sure the OR has this feature

ShikyoX

✓ • Diamond
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Color
Magnetic Gray
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
It wont hold your truck , it will slow the truck down as best as it can so you dont go back and gain momentum, just patting the brakes , also if throttle response is a issue there is a great forum on what you can do about that
https://tacoma3g.com/threads/the-ovtune-thread.35/page-5#post-25862

And welcome to the forum

Silver_sky_SLC

✓ • Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Ian
T3G Member
#1,969

I have this same problem. Freaked me out the first time it did it. My fix is to engage it on level ground before going into it. Kinda like foreplay. Gotta play with it a little first before going hard.

Top Bottom