SUSPENSION Help me pick out some leafs ! Icon RXT 2 vs Dakar HD

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

NomadTwo

T3G Level: Bronze
First Name
Josh
T3G Member
#4,884
Sorry, I should have specified. The 5100 with the OME coils. I didn't really understand what I was reading with regards to the 887 vs 886. If I am going to have a campershell on full time, which coils should I be looking at?

Tyler

T3G Level: Legendary
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Sorry, I should have specified. The 5100 with the OME coils. I didn't really understand what I was reading with regards to the 887 vs 886. If I am going to have a campershell on full time, which coils should I be looking at?
The 886 have a higher weight rating than the 887 do. I would get the 886 if you’re going to have a lot of weight in your truck. However, the 886 are coils and coils are only in the front. You have leaf springs in the rear and the leaf springs matter more for weight you’ll have over the bed, such as your camper. There are heavy duty leaf spring options that you should be opting for in addition to the coils for the front.

TRDOFHOLLAND

T3G Level: Platinum
First Name
Jeremy
T3G Member
Ive been running Dakar HD's for a while and theyre great if your hauling a TON of weight, but if you try and do any sporty off-roading (such as dune driving)...then they really stink. The progressive rate just isnt there for a quality ride on the dunes. Lighter off-roading and crawling theyre fine, but make sure you have your weight set correctly so they perform as designed. Daily driving they're absolutely fine. I also found mine to be super squeaky so ever other week I bathe them in grease lol

I would look at a set of Deaver's instead. Much higher quality leaf pack

Tyler

T3G Level: Legendary
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
DobinsonsUSA also offer some great leaf packs you can look into.

NEO Garage

T3G Level: Silver
Authorized Vendor
First Name
Roman Tretiak
T3G Member
#4,389
We’ve been running the Icon RXTs on both of our trucks, the Raptor and the Tacoma. The ride is phenomenal and the 3 options for lift height makes it a fairly easy choice in my opinion.

Dakar’s and especially the HD ride stuff from what I’ve experienced.

I’ve got them here for $699 with free shipping, let me know if I can help ya out with any questions!

Top Bottom