• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help identify plastic insert in frame of 2019 Tacoma?

billkier

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
There is a gray plastic insert in one of the holes in the underside of the frame of my 2019 Tacoma on the driver's side (image below). It is in the middle of the recommended left front support location so I had to remove it when lifting the truck for a tire rotation. Does anyone know what function it serves? I cannot find it in the service manual or in parts lists online.

Many thanks for your help!

Bill

2019 Tacoma Frame Insert.jpg

FBI tracking device. They'll be undercover when they arrive at your vehicle later this evening to check why it was removed.
:eek:

I finally found the part number (90950-01A24) and was able to track down a Tech Tip (https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10152605-9999.pdf) that explains that these are hole plugs designed to allow water to drain from the bottom of the frame yet block water from entering. The tech tip notes that they are located near a usable frame lift point so may be damaged by the lift arm, and thus recommends placing the lift arm in front of the plug. Unfortunately, there is not enough room in front of the plug for the pads on my QuickJack. I must remove the plugs, which is difficult to do without damaging them, so have decided to simply buy a bunch of them ($3 ea) to replace the damaged ones after lifting the truck.

Back