• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help Can’t get truck aligned

DWhite750

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 Pro DCSB Auto
White
2017 Pro
Revtec spacer with AAL in rear.

Just pulled the trigger on a new set of BFG K02 285/75/16 on stock wheels and they can’t get the right tire aligned.

Before the new tires the steering wheel was cocked to the right and the truck pulled to the right.

after new tires and attempt to align the front end, they couldn’t get the right side aligned. I dont have the numbers bc he said his printer broke while trying to print. He said it was off by 1.5 degree and still pulled to right. He said it was pulling more when he tried to adjust the steering wheel back straight.

new tire so I dont want to ruin them.

Should I try a new alignment shop or?

I saw a few conversations about having to change the UCA out for a 3” kilt but the REVTEC is only 2”.
If I need new UCA to get it alignment which one are good but don’t break the bank. ???
Thanks

Do you know what was off by 1.5 degrees? ie camber, caster, toe?

I’m running 285’s also but in a 16x8 wheel with a -12 offset. im running the SPC UCAs which didn’t break the bank, and a 2.5 inch lift. Alignment is good and zero rubbing

I'd try a new shop before you did anything else. If he couldn't provide a printout he should have brought you back to see the machine. Getting the steering wheel straight if the first thing you do before you adjust anything. If it is pulling it is most likely a toe issue. If you want to really make them nervous tell them to make sure the machine is on the 1/2 tolerance setting instead of full tolerance setting like they normally have it. They keep the tolerance on Full so the alignments are faster. 1/2 tolerance is more precise.

No he didn’t tell me which was off by 1.5 degree.

Do you know what was off by 1.5 degrees? ie camber, caster, toe?

I’m running 285’s also but in a 16x8 wheel with a -12 offset. im running the SPC UCAs which didn’t break the bank, and a 2.5 inch lift. Alignment is good and zero rubbing

I really wanted to use a tire shop for the tires then take it to an alignment shop but I went with NTB which did it all in one stop. I think I’ll stop by another shop first.
I'd try a new shop before you did anything else. If he couldn't provide a printout he should have brought you back to see the machine. Getting the steering wheel straight if the first thing you do before you adjust anything. If it is pulling it is most likely a toe issue. If you want to really make them nervous tell them to make sure the machine is on the 1/2 tolerance setting instead of full tolerance setting like they normally have it. They keep the tolerance on Full so the alignments are faster. 1/2 tolerance is more precise.

Before the new tires the steering wheel was cocked to the right and the truck pulled to the right.
There was already an alignment issue before you made the tire swap. So, if it was me, I'd have a quality alignment shop that has experience with lifted 4X4 vehicles do another alignment.

Considering your setup really isn't that much different than stock, they should be able to it without new UCA's. If UCA's are something you want to install anyway might as well do it now (if they are in your budget) and only pay for one alignment after they are installed.

Back