Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
This is the first video I’ve ever made. I attempt to guide you through replacing your leaf springs on your own. It’s easy and you shouldn’t pay a shop to do it!

Original link: https://youtu.be/aSU77AE97L4

Romp-A-Taco

✓ • Diamond
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Color
Silver Sky
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#2,373
Thanks for this video man! Made my install a breeze... 8 hours or so in the garage, but it was rad doing it all my self and your directions were on point. Also, I ended up going with the Dobinsons leafs too! Can’t wait to get out on the trail and test them out.

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Thanks for this video man! Made my install a breeze... 8 hours or so in the garage, but it was rad doing it all my self and your directions were on point. Also, I ended up going with the Dobinsons leafs too! Can’t wait to get out on the trail and test them out.
Wow, thank you! I wasn't sure if it would help anyone, lol.

ct__tacoma

✓ • Bronze
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Joel
Truck Year
Truck Color
Blazing Blue Pearl
Truck Grade
Sport
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Manual
T3G Member
#7,387
This is the first video I’ve ever made. I attempt to guide you through replacing your leaf springs on your own. It’s easy and you shouldn’t pay a shop to do it!

Original link: https://youtu.be/aSU77AE97L4
Thanks for making this video! I’ll be installing my dobinson leaf packs at the end of the month, and this is a great reference. Hoping I can get the old sleeves out without too much of a struggle, but these New England winters may have already cemented them in.

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Thanks for making this video! I’ll be installing my dobinson leaf packs at the end of the month, and this is a great reference. Hoping I can get the old sleeves out without too much of a struggle, but these New England winters may have already cemented them in.
If you can’t get them out, I think you can rent certain tools for free. The impact hammer in my video seemed to make it look easy after the struggle I had.

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Perfect timing. Still bouncing around on my suspension upgrade.
Tyler - Impact Wrench. ;)
I guess air hammer would be the nomenclature for the tool I was talking about when I said impact hammer.

D6454760-47B7-456A-8DC6-6DE59F9694C8.jpeg

ct__tacoma

✓ • Bronze
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Joel
Truck Year
Truck Color
Blazing Blue Pearl
Truck Grade
Sport
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Manual
T3G Member
#7,387
If you can’t get them out, I think you can rent certain tools for free. The impact hammer in my video seemed to make it look easy after the struggle I had.
Good idea, I'll call around to a few shops tomorrow and see who might have a rental available. On visual inspection yesterday mine were already looking a little rough, so I picked up a new set of OEM shackles, just in case 🤞🤞

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Good idea, I'll call around to a few shops tomorrow and see who might have a rental available. On visual inspection yesterday mine were already looking a little rough, so I picked up a new set of OEM shackles, just in case 🤞🤞
If the OEM shackles weren’t too expensive, maybe you should just use them. Getting the bushings and sleeves out of mine was clearly the most time consuming part of the job.