• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Heated seats wiring help

JamesR913

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Cement
Finishing up my heated seats install today and I have a couple questions. In my fuse box there are two 20 amp fuses, one for heated seats and one for sun roof, I checked them both with a voltmeter with the truck off and they both had 12v going to them. If I were to put my add-a-fuse in one of these circuits would my heated seats be powered all the time, hence draining the battery? Also do these fuses have any other function if neither of those options are installed in the truck?

After my first attempt I had no luck getting the seats to heat up. Do the yellow wires for the switch lights need to be hooked up for the whole thing to work?

Finishing up my heated seats install today and I have a couple questions. In my fuse box there are two 20 amp fuses, one for heated seats and one for sun roof, I checked them both with a voltmeter with the truck off and they both had 12v going to them. If I were to put my add-a-fuse in one of these circuits would my heated seats be powered all the time, hence draining the battery? Also do these fuses have any other function if neither of those options are installed in the truck?

After my first attempt I had no luck getting the seats to heat up. Do the yellow wires for the switch lights need to be hooked up for the whole thing to work?
Sorry no one has responded are you still having issues,
Yes if the truck is off and you are still picking up power then it is constant and if you forget to turn your seat off it would stay on
Can you please send a photo of the wires your referring to plz

I reached out to the company and they confirmed that the yellow wire to the switch needs to have power for the seat heaters to turn on. I assumed (wrongly) the yellow wire was only for the switch lighting. I still need to move my add a fuse to a power source that comes on with the truck, but recently have been busy with my other project car (1966 GTO). Thanks for all the help guys.

I reached out to the company and they confirmed that the yellow wire to the switch needs to have power for the seat heaters to turn on. I assumed (wrongly) the yellow wire was only for the switch lighting. I still need to move my add a fuse to a power source that comes on with the truck, but recently have been busy with my other project car (1966 GTO). Thanks for all the help guys.
I think we like to see some photos of the GTo
If you open you center console at the very buttons there will be a 12v outlet (cigarette lighter style) that's a what you shall be looking for

Sorry to hijack the thread but this is where she's at right now.

Attachments

• IMG_20190210_085943_01_01.jpg
    IMG_20190210_085943_01_01.jpg
    688.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20190209_083329_01_01.jpg
    IMG_20190209_083329_01_01.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 86
Back