• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hearing a chirp

ShikyoX

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Hows it going all!
This is the problem I'm having, every time I go over a small lip or divet in the road ie : a drive way lip , a bridges block seam, a small pot hole.
Front goes over fine then when my rear goes over I hear a chirp ... just one
Setup
icon stage 4
Aiftlift bags
Is this somthing known/or experienced. And can be fixed or is this something like a shock needs to be rebuilt?

can u imitate that chirp if u juz park in ur driveway n jump on the bumper to hear if it’s ur shock or not

Upvote 0
I was getting a bit of squeak on the OEM rear springs, sounds similar. Narrowed it down by bouncing the rear of the truck in the driveway, was in the driver's side spring pack or rear bushings. Sprayed both with silicone spray and took it to full flex on the trail a few times, not a sound since.

Upvote 0
I was getting a bit of squeak on the OEM rear springs, sounds similar. Narrowed it down by bouncing the rear of the truck in the driveway, was in the driver's side spring pack or rear bushings. Sprayed both with silicone spray and took it to full flex on the trail a few times, not a sound since.
I tried bouncing but cannot recreate the sound , only seem to happen on small sharp imperfections on the road. I will keep trying trough

Upvote 0
tried bouncing but cannot recreate the sound , only seem to happen on small sharp imperfections on the road.

I'd guess something in a shock then, but could be as simple as a squeak in an exhaust hanger. Just to cover your bases let it cool completely the crawl under and wiggle anything that can move like exhaust, spare tire, etc.

Upvote 0
I'd guess something in a shock then, but could be as simple as a squeak in an exhaust hanger. Just to cover your bases let it cool completely the crawl under and wiggle anything that can move like exhaust, spare tire, etc.
Will do

Upvote 0
Back