• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Front Runner Roof Rack Tent

SithVr

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 Pro DCSB Manual
Cavalry Blue
So I just installed the Front Runner Roof Rack tent on my bed and I’m just wondering if any of you know how sturdy it truly is on the bed and if I should get stiffeners? I weigh about 200 and the tent is 90+.
Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated, thanks??

(Excuse the mess lol)
C41F1DB4-DFC7-4584-B51D-707CA4512FE9.jpeg

Welcome to the forum and nice truck color! You don’t necessarily need the bed stiffeners for this. But spoiler alert - bed stiffeners are one of the items in our next giveaway coming in the next week or so. :)

When weight is applied to the top of the rack, the mounting points for the rack want to go out (away from the truck), This is the case for most weight that gets mounted or put ontop the bed rails. I have yet to get stiffeners myself and do not have problems, considering the insane amount of weight im carrying on my bed (400+ lbs) I think you will be just fine without them, however, as @Tyler said youll have a chance to win some! it will definitely not hurt to get them, and you will retain more rigidity by having them!

So I just installed the Front Runner Roof Rack tent on my bed and I’m just wondering if any of you know how sturdy it truly is on the bed and if I should get stiffeners? I weigh about 200 and the tent is 90+.
Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated, thanks??

(Excuse the mess lol)
C41F1DB4-DFC7-4584-B51D-707CA4512FE9.jpeg
Looks great and welcome my friend

Good evening everyone. So I just installed the Frontrunner bed rack and cab and I must ask if anyone else is dealing with wind noise. At speeds above 35mph it sounds like a violin on top of my roof. Is this normal? Any tips to lessen the noise?

Welcome aboard, and yes that noise is normal.

Welcome aboard, and yes that noise is normal.

Wish I would have read more on this forum regarding cab racks before making this purchase lol. Although, I just installed the windage visors that where included and it made a huge difference in noise control. I'll keep the rack on for this season, but more than likely i'll be doing with out soon after.

Back