• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

front camera problems

Crutcherl1

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
So I purchased the front facing camera kit from running with tacos. I went to install it today and ran into some problems. I've watched two different videos on how to install it and I think I may have screwed up somewhere. I'm hoping someone can help me.

So heres my issue or issues. I've got it all wired up and when I flip the switch for the front camera, it comes on with no problem. However when I flip the switch down for the reverse camera, I get nothing. I also noticed, that the lights on the switch both for front and back cameras light up when I switch to the front camera and when I flip it down for the reverse camera, I don't get any lights.

I've clearly done something wrong, can anyone help. Much appreciated

So I purchased the front facing camera kit from running with tacos. I went to install it today and ran into some problems. I've watched two different videos on how to install it and I think I may have screwed up somewhere. I'm hoping someone can help me.

So heres my issue or issues. I've got it all wired up and when I flip the switch for the front camera, it comes on with no problem. However when I flip the switch down for the reverse camera, I get nothing. I also noticed, that the lights on the switch both for front and back cameras light up when I switch to the front camera and when I flip it down for the reverse camera, I don't get any lights.

I've clearly done something wrong, can anyone help. Much appreciated
I don't own one but was this a plug and play setup or did you have to wire everything , splice connections , built a harness etc

Upvote 0
Back