• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Fitting Bed Rack For RTT On Tonneau Cover

ThatTacomaThough

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
White
Has anyone been able to fit a bed rack on top of their tonneau cover? I've seen it done before just not sure how i would go about it. Wanting to add a RTT while keeping my tonneau cover on! (Sorry These are the only photos i have currently of my tonneau cover!)

Attachments

• zdLQeywjSje%ogvTBOn1Ng.jpg
    zdLQeywjSje%ogvTBOn1Ng.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 694
  • 2EexR20sSROK3nCM04wEvA.jpg
    2EexR20sSROK3nCM04wEvA.jpg
    681.3 KB · Views: 1,153
  • IMG_5250.JPG
    IMG_5250.JPG
    489.3 KB · Views: 3,278
I use Mobtown Offroad bed bars w/ the factory cover

Attachments

• Qr8TcrFFSSWKeSAlMXl+Pg.jpg
    Qr8TcrFFSSWKeSAlMXl+Pg.jpg
    646.3 KB · Views: 1,236
@KB Voodoo Fabrications I'm considering a RTT and really interested in that Max Modular utility rack setup that will allow the tonneu to full open. The website says its sold out but curious if it still can be made to order or if its unavailable.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Those are great solutions...but why settle for just a tonneau cover that you cant open with a mid-height rack? Ill be coming out with a new bed-rack system that'l feature hybrid topper beneath it! Itll be released this winter, pre-orders coming soon :)

Attachments

• Bed Rack Magazine Render.440.jpg
    Bed Rack Magazine Render.440.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 875
Those are great solutions...but why settle for just a tonneau cover that you cant open with a mid-height rack? Ill be coming out with a new bed-rack system that'l feature hybrid topper beneath it! Itll be released this winter, pre-orders coming soon :)
Do you have any more renderings? I'm looking around at options and this seems like a pretty ideal setup.

Last edited:
Do you have any more renderings? I'm looking around at options and this seems like a pretty ideal setup.
Ill do you one better! Here are photos from out photoshoot on the dunes last weekend :) Hybrid topper is still being prototyped and wont be released for some time.

Pre-order starts Nov. 1st for the new rack system!
JKP_4451.jpg
JKP_4460.jpg
JKP_4466.jpg
JKP_4470.jpg
JKP_4475.jpg
JKP_4836.jpg
JKP_5689.jpg

Any time frame for the prototype rack with soft topper? I think a ton of people are looking for this option.

So with this setup can the topper be removed/refitted as needed with the rack already on?
If so, my mrs would also be interested. Apparently I'm not allowed just a rack. :rolleyes::)

So with this setup can the topper be removed/refitted as needed with the rack already on?
If so, my mrs would also be interested. Apparently I'm not allowed just a rack. :rolleyes::)
That's correct! It will have velcro straps all the way around that fasten's to the rack system so you can quickly remove the cover if need be. The back of the cover with have zippers so you can access the bed of the truck easily as well.

This looks really interesting. We definitely need the photos as soon as you have them. It sounds like a few people are eager to buy!

Hi there. I currently don’t have a tonneau cover but looking to get one, possibly in the future. Would the hi-rise cross bars support a RTT without the tonneau? Might be a dumb question but can’t see how it’s attached. I like the extra clearance compared to the lower heavy duty bars I saw on your page.

Yep, they can be used without a cover.

the hybrids look great! possible to fab them to cover a soft topper one day too?

Back