• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Finishing Rock Sliders

406Camper

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR AC Auto
Quicksand
Knowing my rock sliders are going to get banged up and used...

Good question. I got mine powder coated with the idea that I could touch them up with a rattle can when needed. Powder coating does a great job protecting on the corrosion issue and after two plus yrs of use I haven’t had to touch them up.

Absolutely no truck bed liner IMO/ first good grind on a rock will take that stuff off like a banana peel / Powder-coat for the win then touch up with Steel-It as needed....

Never..Never use any kind of bed liners, rhino liners…It will hold dirt stains forever…super hard to clean too!
I order thinking the Rhino liner will protect the best…it has chip a few places..paint with rustoleum…
I live on a coffee farm with dirt roads…my rock sliders looks terrible because of the mud/dirt stains..

I found after washing ..still dirty looking…to make look clean…I spray black heat treatment rustoleum paint often as once a month…. Note a friend had a pressure washer…it work better than a brushing…but did not remove the all the dirt stains…

No to any kind of bed lining…! Never , Never use these …
power coating or spray paint! Is the way to go!
Aloha

Back