T3G Feedback and questions about Tacoma3G.com - How can our community and website be better?

I used to belong to a Civic forum that had a 12 days of Christmas. The owner/moderator would reach out to sponsoring companies and dealerships and gather certificates, small give-away items and promotional items.

Then on December 13th they would pull a name at random every day until Christmas to get goodies.

Have you look into a way to add tags or increased the current tag options?
Feedback for Non-Sponsored vendors is still limited. Even the auto generated tags aren't available for use. Then also no options available to select from. I also had to default to "tacoma" for a tag to get it to post.

Same.

When my brain started hurting at around 4 am, I decided to do something fun and easy, which was add some pointless achievements.

Taking ideas for new ones btw!! 🤓

Ah, just saw where it was busy. I was thinking that before I started messing around. But didn't want to remove your ideas.

At first I was thinking the O could be a portal. TAC goes in MA comes out. But was lazy and didn't want to mess with spacing.
But also could be TACOMA then a portal at the end. I had a different portal like thing inside the gear, but I guess I save it while hiding layers and it didn't show. Then I closed the browsers without saving the entire file. Photopea.

This is definitely a tough one to keep it simple and clean. I guess my ideas just seem too much "Tacoma" without the emphasis on portal.
1654867821328 (1).png

1654867821328.png

1654867821328 (2).png

1677462312318.png

1677462521536.png

Last edited:

Have you look into a way to add tags or increased the current tag options?
Feedback for Non-Sponsored vendors is still limited. Even the auto generated tags aren't available for use. Then also no options available to select from. I also had to default to "tacoma" for a tag to get it to post.
Thanks for sharing this. I’ll look into it tomorrow.

Is this April Fool's or am I having site issues?
1680382217644.png

Normally:

1680382248659.png

The pink and the text font are April fools.

The part you just asked if that was always there: It has been there since I launched the new 2.0 version of the website. That page is a homepage; one that didn't initially exist. It is meant to be the first thing you see when you land on the site from a Google search, and it is meant to help people find what they might be looking for more efficiently. That page is a work in progress.

Classifieds:

Would you be open to simplifying the Classifieds?
Doesn't allow you to post without a prefix. Since the regions won't always apply.
Consolidate For Sale and Wanted. Possibly color code to differentiate the two.
Then prefixes: WTS/WTB/WTT/SOLD. Then one of these: (FREE/GAW/PIF)
Then for items that won't be shipped could list location in the title or thread.

Classifieds:

Would you be open to simplifying the Classifieds?
Doesn't allow you to post without a prefix. Since the regions won't always apply.
Consolidate For Sale and Wanted. Possibly color code to differentiate the two.
Then prefixes: WTS/WTB/WTT/SOLD. Then one of these: (FREE/GAW/PIF)
Then for items that won't be shipped could list location in the title or thread.
Yes, classifieds needs work. I have some work-in-progress stuff that I can show you later.

Noooooo Dark Mode. I can't do without it.

Had to grab an extension to skin it.

1681940954505.png
The colors that it used look pretty cool.

I did have the new dark mode but then it somehow started giving frequent server errors so I had to disable it while I try to fix it.

I am trying to go utilitarian with the new design -- functionality over flashy. I want the important content to either be front and center or at least easy to find. And all of the fluff and unnecessary links and menus and such, to not be there.

The colors that it used look pretty cool.

I did have the new dark mode but then it somehow started giving frequent server errors so I had to disable it while I try to fix it.

Is it .css or .js?

Are you familiar with one of them?
Not super familiar, but have messed around with it a lot for things.
School and websites. Custom CSS files to set things up.
If you send me the file, I could see if I can see anything.
I was just gonna try to drop it in a folder and override styling script. See if I see any errors that stick out.
Also if you have a working one, it could be compared and modified.
I always used CSS.
I'm assuming it's just these?

Last edited:
Back