• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

T3G Feedback and questions about Tacoma3G.com - How can our community and website be better?

Would it be possible to allow for multiple file uploads? I have to upload images one at a time but it would be great if we could drag several at once into the message box

1647545224606.png

@Tyler I love the color choice up in the corner. Is there a way to switch between "light" and "dark" mode?

Would it be possible to allow for multiple file uploads? I have to upload images one at a time but it would be great if we could drag several at once into the message box
Multiple uploads have always been possible. Can take a screenshot of where you think it should be letting you but isn't?

You're dragging them from folders on your computer into the text edit box on the forum?

1647545224606.png

@Tyler I love the color choice up in the corner. Is there a way to switch between "light" and "dark" mode?
After you pick your color, click the first box on the left that has the black on the inside. In your case, it has a red border because you're using Barcelona Red and the black on the inside indicates dark mode. After you switch to dark mode, the black will turn to white and you can switch back to light mode.

Multiple uploads have always been possible. Can take a screenshot of where you think it should be letting you but isn't?

You're dragging them from folders on your computer into the text edit box on the forum?
Yeah, that's what I've been doing. When I drag multiple pictures it uploads the first one in the list and then stops. Drag three over, only one is uploaded. I have a lot of extensions in Chrome, though. Maybe one is messing something up

Not a fan of that logo. It doesn't really look like a 3. It looks more like TgG (what is that?).😁

After you pick your color, click the first box on the left that has the black on the inside. In your case, it has a red border because you're using Barcelona Red and the black on the inside indicates dark mode. After you switch to dark mode, the black will turn to white and you can switch back to light mode.
🤦‍♂️

Not a fan of that logo. It doesn't really look like a 3. It looks more like TgG (what is that?).😁
That logo was something I tried over a year ago. I tried to change the Toyota TRD letters into T3G. No one liked it so I ended up scrapping that idea. I think most of the stuff in this thread is probably outdated now.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. When I drag multiple pictures it uploads the first one in the list and then stops. Drag three over, only one is uploaded. I have a lot of extensions in Chrome, though. Maybe one is messing something up
Looking into it.

I just tried Firefox (which has no extensions installed) and same behavior. I just realized that attaching files with the dialog (pressing "Attach files") works fine, it's only dragging and dropping into the browser that's not working well.

Looking into it.
Don't put too much energy into this, dude. It's just a nitpick!

📖 CONTENT IDEAS​

• Directory for OVTune stuff
  • Common torque specs table
  • Ask for FAQ questions on T3G
  • Make videos on how to edit your profile and stuff
  • Need to finish write-ups for Hammer Hangers, Powerbrakes, OVTune
  • Rewrite about and forum guidelines
  • Do a forum FAQ / newbie page and include PWA XF 2.2 - Progressive web app (XF 2.2 - Progressive web app (https://xenforo.com/community/threads/progressive-web-app.181448/))
  • How did you find T3G thread, add it to welcome message
  • preventative maintenance mods you should do
  • Merge off topic threads
  • Make list of other useful websites
  • Set up Toyota press room
  • Thread with all of our history
  • Giveaways page - included in history
  • Meets page - included in history
  • Update tutorials system - add T3G created tutorials
  • Convert all cost comparison threads to our new tables system, then link to them in the tutorials tab and around the net
  • Use tables for other things, such as common acronyms and whatever other tutorials we can
  • Sticky thread in general for list of helpful threads

🎨 FEATURES / UI / STYLES​

• Have an actual homepage with industry news and shit
  • Make a color palette list
  • Tire size calculator
  • Create a wiki
  • WikiPosts enabled
  • BB code buttons and media add-on
  • Better thread fields for buy/sell threads
  • Use thread prefixes for marketplace including automatically moving sold items to archive
  • Use tags in clever ways to sort important threads
  • Display all message reactions so people know they are there
  • Add website gurus and staff writers
  • Add forum moderators
  • Native iPhone app
  • Should forums be in grids and have more forums like remerr
  • Add a navigation button for the user’s build thread and make special build thread field inputs
  • Maybe use sub forum links for prefixes or tags
  • Media gallery categories for each color of truck
  • Put the hamburger menu on the right for mobile site
  • Better marketplace and better SEO in marketplace with notices, thread prompts, etc. Rejected/disabled users have special nav CSS
  • You can sticky a thread and then move it to a different forum to create a sticky redirect
  • Add change username to account menu
  • Redo the footer and add a link to the about thread
  • Dyslexia font

🪲 BUGS / QUESTIONS​

• What is with Font Awesome AMP template edits?
  • Favicon and social icons broken

💸 MERCH / MONETIZATION​

• User essentials can allow custom upgrade amounts
  • Collect all replies from mass donations email
  • Make shirts ourselves
  • Collect all photos of T3G stickers
  • Better purchase UI

📦 VENDORS​

• Better store and vendor program
  • Display valued vendors on front page in widget slider
  • Create an exclusive coupon code drop down menu for members/vendors
  • Display valued vendors on front page in widget slider
  • Paid / free program and contact vendors about it
  • Create an affiliate program for the vendors
  • Contact inactive vendors

🚥 TRAFFIC / SEO​

• Google AdSense
  • MySQLTuner database optimize
  • Update all favicons and social media icons to have an actual Taco in them
  • Dial robots.txt
  • Fill in vendor descriptions for SEO
  • Optimize speed tests

Last edited:
The post above has some of my never-ending to-do list items that I've been adding to for years. I figured I would post it publicly so that if I missed anything (and there are a lot of your suggestions currently missing from the list), I can be reminded and add them.

How close is that Native iPhone app? I wish I was smart, I'd offer to help but coding is just a bunch of numbers to me o_O

How close is that Native iPhone app? I wish I was smart, I'd offer to help but coding is just a bunch of numbers to me o_O
It will be one of the last big things to happen. Reason is because of how difficult it is to do this. And expensive.

But there is a faster / less expensive way to make it happen. This method would look exactly like this:

That method would cost $99 to set up + $99 a year. I'll download that app and take it for a test run tonight. You can too, if you want. It might be awesome, it might suck.

Tyler, you are doing some amazing work. Thank you.

I like what you've done! A little different but fancy :)
Thanks, but if things are looking different to you, they probably shouldn't be (yet). Basically, I'm working on things on a completely different version of the website that only I have access to. However, some of the new features are going to essentially bleed through to the current site that you can see. It isn't attentional, but it is sometimes unavoidable. It isn't a big deal usually, but it does mean you might notice some things that are not working, out of place, ugly, etc.

To anyone:

If you are on a desktop computer and you’re interested, you might be able to poke around the new T3G homepage that I’ve been working on:
Most of the links don’t work and the featured post in the middle is a very old post that I only have there as a placeholder. It’s a lot of work but I really think it’s going to make the site better, especially as important info becomes easier to find through the homepage links.

To anyone:

If you are on a desktop computer and you’re interested, you might be able to poke around the new T3G homepage that I’ve been working on:
Most of the links don’t work and the featured post in the middle is a very old post that I only have there as a placeholder. It’s a lot of work but I really think it’s going to make the site better, especially as important info becomes easier to find through the homepage links.
[H1]Oops! We ran into some problems.[/H1]

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

To anyone:

Everything looks good on my end!

I like that the "Home" link came back. It wasn't there yesterday afternoon.

The reaction view at the bottom of each post is nice and compact and the "loading" bar across the bottom of the header to show how far down the page you've scrolled is a nice feature.

Everything seems to work fine.

The reaction view at the bottom of each post is nice and compact and the "loading" bar across the bottom of the header to show how far down the page you've scrolled is a nice feature.
What's funny is I've been trying to figure out what this was :ROFLMAO:

Thanks, guys. And yeah, that loading bar seemed cool, albeit slightly pointless. But I had fun adding it. It was also supposed to say the title of the thread right next to the bar but I couldn’t get that part to work nicely.

Is it me or is there no more "Mark All as Read" button anymore?

Is it me or is there no more "Mark All as Read" button anymore?
Hm, that shouldn’t have changed. Where was the location of that button previously, that you don’t see it there now? In the menu at the top?

Back