• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Does Size Matter?!

ragofabrication

ragofabrication.com
Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.ragofabrication.com
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
Let’s talk about size- of propane tanks. For most overlanding adventures, a propane tank is quite the essential item. Used to fuel countertop stoves, outside grills, and even things as simple as a lantern, having this tank can enhance your overall overlanding experience. These tanks can range is size anywhere from 1lb all the way to 30lbs. So, does the size of the propane tank actually matter? Well, that depends on what you need it for.

Continue Reading--> https://www.ragofabrication.com/blogs/blog/does-size-matter

blog.jpg

Propane tanks are still a major requirement, but solar panels and electric stoves/lighting are the newest exciting adventure. Starting to see them in new builds. Renewable system, that won't leave you "out of gas".

Sorry Rago, not trying to sound like I'm trolling your propane thread.

Attachments

• 3rd_gen_taco_5_2048x.png
    3rd_gen_taco_5_2048x.png
    2 MB · Views: 87
  • off-road-overlanding-solar-power_driving-line-5.jpg
    off-road-overlanding-solar-power_driving-line-5.jpg
    847.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Big fan of solar (have it on my campervan), and iso is safer than propane for what I use it for on the trail and lighter weight. Just google propane accidents/leaks/explosions and see for yourself.

I just got a 5lb tank and will still carry 3-1lb in their PVC holder. That should give me 3-4 weeks of cooking breakfast and dinner. My last trip with three other friends, 2-3 lbs lasted us 2 weeks.

I also carry a 30lb tank for the portable heater, it is becoming more and more offen that open fires are not allowed in the west.

Last edited:
Big fan of solar (have it on my campervan), and iso is safer than propane for what I use it for on the trail and lighter weight. Just google propane accidents/leaks/explosions and see for yourself.
Thanks for the feed back, i will check that out. 😁 I'm interested more into this solar. I'm going to have to look into that too.

I have a Renogy flexible 175W solar panel and it works great!
I recommend a MPPT controller to go with it.

This should work and it is a little smaller.
1634679482241.png

Back