• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Do OME rear springs still squeak

Pinion

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2023 Sport DCLB Auto
Silver Sky
Doing a 2” lift in the rear of my DCLB. Do the one still squeak, if so I’ll just get some deavers
Thanks in advance

I'm very happy with my Deavers, but it looks like the Dakar's have recently gone thru a redesign and changed the isolators and refined them a bit.

If the setup you get is still old, then swapping the isolators to these is said to be the fix: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TYU0FM/?tag=tacoma3g-20

Info taken from this page: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/squeaky-ome-dakar-leaf-pack-fix-solution.487394/page-12

That said, not sure if they still need to be trimmed on the rearmost edges where they connect to the shackles so they don't eat the shackle anymore.

I have the OME heavy loads. Mine aren't too bad for squeaking. But they were rubbing the shackles. I replaced my shackles and ground down the interference. They're quieter now...

-M

I just hate the squeaky, if anyone has a new set, would love to hear

I know in the newer kits they started including anti-squeak liners. When I was looking at my rear suspension I also looked into the squeaking, clearance and leveling. It seemed like in some cases the squeaking was caused by over tightened or beat bushings. So use a torque wrench and torque to spec.
Most of the squeaking comes from the bolt. The squeaking is caused by the bolt in the spacer or bolt seized to the spacer and the bushing is clamped so it becomes seized. I'd say put some lube inside, then lube the bolt before putting it in. Should be fine. I wanna say those that get squeaking used bad grease or not enough.

I also know the factory leaf packs have a thin metal card between the leaf springs. I believe they are placed there to limited squeaking. You could always remove them and move them over to the new leaf packs. It's a real thin steel sheet. Might be hard to see if you look at it compressed. Like super thing shims, but not... I used to have a part number for them, but can't find it now.

s643139587468852138_p606_i1_w2560.jpeg

Last edited:
Back