• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Dirt king?

Hubermr

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Midnight Black
I know everyone points to total chaos but has anyone heard anything good about dirt king? I can’t get a vendor to cooperate with me for some total chaos control arms.

I'm a huge fan of Dirt King. They're local to me and I go o er there pretty regularly to check in on them and now run their stuff. They make ridiculously high quality stuff and I have yet to be let down by it. I have their tubular UCA's and their performance lower control arms with the integrated skid plates. I beat the snot out if it all and it's still hanging tough. Pretty sure my stock arms would be toast by now with the hell I put the DK arms through.

IMG_20200531_172548.jpg

Trying to decide on the best non long travel lower control arms. I live in SLC and it will snow one snowflake and they put a years worth of chemical down. So I am always fighting rust

Trying to decide on the best non long travel lower control arms. I live in SLC and it will snow one snowflake and they put a years worth of chemical down. So I am always fighting rust

I live right next to the ocean so the air is always salty and moist. The aluminum skid plates on the bottom of the DK arms protect the steel arms from scratches into the powder coat. The powder coat itself is high quality and to this day I have seen zero rust on my lower control arms.

I ended up going total chaos upper and lower control arms. I love in Indiana so bipolar weather. Never had an issue with them!

well pretty sure my stock ones are now toast. Haha anyone know of a place with these in stock?

well pretty sure my stock ones are now toast. Haha anyone know of a place with these in stock?
Try checking with Rogue off-road that’s where I got my total chaos. They might have some in stock!

I ended up going total chaos upper and lower control arms. I love in Indiana so bipolar weather. Never had an issue with them!

Which ones for the lowers? I see two versions of the stock length and a hair confused

Which ones for the lowers? I see two versions of the stock length and a hair confused
So one of the powers has a mount for a bypass shock. I would go with the one that doesnt have that mount.

So one of the powers has a mount for a bypass shock. I would go with the one that doesnt have that mount.
One of the lowers* has a bypass mount. Check out total chaos website and they can give you the part number.

I wouldn’t say ground clearance. The total chaos have a uniball joint so it’s better articulation. Same as their upper control arms. I got them because they are plated so they are armored already. They just happen to have the ability for a second shock.

I wouldn’t say ground clearance. The total chaos have a uniball joint so it’s better articulation. Same as their upper control arms. I got them because they are plated so they are armored already. They just happen to have the ability for a second shock.
How you liking them? I just plan on getting the single shock version.

I’m only running a single shock but I love them! I’m debating taking off the sway bar for my next time out

I don’t run a sway bar. Rides great! Well I ordered the total chaos LCAs! Hurt the wallet so I hope it’s worth it. I am a little bummed because my icon delta joints UCA one of the delta joints is blown out and fairly new and they won’t warranty it because I have bilstein shocks and not icon. So makes me mad enough I want to just get total chaos uppers as well haha

I don’t run a sway bar. Rides great! Well I ordered the total chaos LCAs! Hurt the wallet so I hope it’s worth it. I am a little bummed because my icon delta joints UCA one of the delta joints is blown out and fairly new and they won’t warranty it because I have bilstein shocks and not icon. So makes me mad enough I want to just get total chaos uppers as well haha
I have total chaos on both UCA and LCA. 100% worth it. Just make sure to follow instructions when installing and get you some PTFE dry lube. It will help the life of the uniball.

I've had a set on for a few months and love em. The guys there are crazy knowledgable and the welds are top notch. 100% glad I went with them.
IMG_3664.jpeg

I've had a set on for a few months and love em. The guys there are crazy knowledgable and the welds are top notch. 100% glad I went with them.
IMG_3664.jpeg
I ended up going with total chaos. But those are clean looking!

Back