• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Diamondback vs Tyger Tonneau Cover

Pnoy_Taco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Wanting some feedback, review, preference and why regarding Tonneau covers.
Just debating between the Diamondback vs. Tyger Hard Cover.

Thank you all!!!

I havent heard for the Tyger cover but I will vogue for the Diamondback. I also have the tailgate pop-a-lock on my tailgate so when the cover is on and i lock my truck everything in my bed is completely safe and virtually waterproof

These really aren't comparable, are they? Much different products...and price.

@kwill Like my post said... reviews and feedbacks regarding such products if you own one. They are actually both Tonneau Hard Covers.

just got my DB SE cover installed for about two weeks, love it, feels solid and sturdy and looks beefy!

I don't have either, but if I was buying a hard cover, I would probably opt for the Tyger because it looks more slimline and I prefer an OEM look as much as possible. Diamond backs are made for heavy duty, so it looks like they weigh a little more in the back, def looks more secure than Tyger. Also, you're paying for a premium for bed security. If you're just looking for bed security, I would go with the Tyger. Again, I don't have either, but Tyger is similar to a lot of the others out there.

I was in Pennsylvania and picked one up they had on the Outlet site. So far i love my Diamondback HD Solid and everything locks up tight. I no longer worry about things walking off from the bed of my truck. I am going to have it Powder coated black. Was thinking about LINE-X but they won’t warranty it. So going with PC. But over all I don’t think you can go wrong with DB.

Back