• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Diamondback covers

cambo139

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
Anyone have experience with the Diamondback covers? Looking here some pros and cons from owners before I make my plan to buy.

I've only researched it and it looks that price is the only issue. Of course you need to know what configuration is best for your needs.

Just bought the HD model last night, and there is definitely some lingering sticker-shock involved, even with the military discount - still, during my research phase, this one just seemed to check all the boxes. Probably could've went with the SE and saved some money, but who knows, that extra load capacity on top might come in handy in the future, so I went for it. Wish me luck, I'm sure I'll have many dumb questions when it comes time for installation.

I bought the HD model. It will ship the first week of August.

Got my HD cover today - about two weeks faster than anticipated/quoted.
Straightforward, easy install. Took about an hour, but could've done it quicker if it wasn't so miserably hot and muggy. My god, laying in the bed under this thing tightening those clamps/bolts almost gave me a heatstroke. Could've done it myself but a second set of hands is highly recommended. Drove an hour on I75 back to Lexington and no weird rattles or strange wind noise. When it's daylight tomorrow I'll go out and retighten the clamps, as instructed. On looks alone this thing is badass. I climbed atop it and it is sturdy as hell. Think I'm gonna dig it.

I know that I love mine.

My honest review - I love mine. I have the SE which should be more than plenty for most ppl. The HD is designed for full size and 2500 trucks to load 2 ATVs on top... the Tacoma doesn’t need the HD. I bought mine through a guy I met on Tacoma World who works at RealTruck and I paid $1,533.00 including shipping

312F5733-E389-4C10-86B5-3904313B6D6B.jpeg
5D3D317B-339F-4A96-807D-3FBA2AF535F0.jpeg

My honest review - I love mine. I have the SE which should be more than plenty for most ppl. The HD is designed for full size and 2500 trucks to load 2 ATVs on top... the Tacoma doesn’t need the HD. I bought mine through a guy I met on Tacoma World who works at RealTruck and I paid $1,533.00 including shipping

312F5733-E389-4C10-86B5-3904313B6D6B.jpeg
5D3D317B-339F-4A96-807D-3FBA2AF535F0.jpeg
As always, it looks great and I bet the functionality is great too. I used to want one and almost got one but use the bed for large items at work too often. Maybe one day I’ll be able to rock one.

Back