• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Dent in Roof.

Harperspop

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Posted this on TW as well.

Today I knoticed a rather good sized dent in the roof of my Truck and some clear coat missing. I have no clue where or how this dent came to be. I called a PDR shop they want 300 bucks to fix the dent with out fixing the paint. Any one know of a link of how to drop the headliner? Is there a good way to fox the paint with out taking to a paint and body shop? Here are some pics. Do you think Toyota would cover the clear coat under warranty. For all I know, the dent has been there since purchase. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20180709_141617.jpg
    20180709_141617.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 138
  • 20180709_141613.jpg
    20180709_141613.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 20180709_141609.jpg
    20180709_141609.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 140
Hey buddy, that's big dent you got there, unfortunately warranty deos not cover that mainly because there is a big dent there. Could have been there since day one ,but dealer will denied.
If you still would like to take the head liner off p.m me to remind me and I'll snap done photos of what's needed to be done

As to fixing the paint it looks like it just clear so some 1000 grit sandpaper sand and feather edge the affected area and mask off a sqaure and spraybeith some high gloss clear spray paint. And if lucky maybe some light polishing will blend it in some more

Upvote 0
Posted this on TW as well.

Today I knoticed a rather good sized dent in the roof of my Truck and some clear coat missing. I have no clue where or how this dent came to be. I called a PDR shop they want 300 bucks to fix the dent with out fixing the paint. Any one know of a link of how to drop the headliner? Is there a good way to fox the paint with out taking to a paint and body shop? Here are some pics. Do you think Toyota would cover the clear coat under warranty. For all I know, the dent has been there since purchase. Thanks in advance.
I would try popping it out from underneath my buddy with a 2nd gen had a similar dent but towards the back a little, all I did was go inside the truck and literally smack the headliner (not stupid hard where it destroys the headliner) but some good force right in the middle of the dent and it popped right out lol u can give that a shot just carefully

Upvote 0
Back