• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Dealership Mishap - Need advice

whitelightning_625

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
White
I took my 2017 TRD OR 6spd in to a local NorCal dealer for its first service (10k). After only an hr waiting across the street for it they call me to tell me its done. so i go check out with the cashier and about 20 minutes goes by sitting out in the drive waiting for my truck to pull up and one of the porters comes driving up with it and from about 20 feet away i could smell fried clutch. It. Was.Toast. I confronted the kid and he denied all wrong doing. He denied joyriding it and said he just pulled it around the lot. i drove it about 2 miles realizing almost immediateley the clutch was slipping upon engagement and shuddering bad. After returning and speaking with my awesome service writer and the service manager, they agreed to put me in a compact??? rental and replace the clutch. My hunch is the kid saw a tasty 6spd with icon stage6 on it and went banging gears and also didnt know how to drive it. So my question is this; Is there a way to inspect the transmission and or anything else that couldve been damaged during the horrible driving or should i just trust the dealer and run on good faith that theyll actually take care of the truck? Theyre dropping the trans anyway to pull the clutch out but worried theyd just gamble and put it back together without checking so they wouldnt have to pay out for the damages. Im just not sure which direction to take this. Please Help! Im quite financially imvested in this baby as all you 3rd gen'rs know.

Screenshot_20180819-115234_Gallery.jpg

With the fact that you caught the kid red handed joy riding in your truck, I'd request they pay for extended warranty of 100k. Like Rob said, they'll likely warranty their work on the clutch, but who knows what else that booger eating banged up.

thanks for the input fellas. Im going to talk to corporate as well and have them open a case in order to properly document everything in case other damage was done. Thats a good call on the 100k warranty. ?

Back