• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Dakar AAL Heavy duty Constant Load?

TheMrThumper

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Midnight Black
Hello,

I am building my 2019 OR DCSB to serve as a daily driver work truck and weekend offroader.
The goal is to add Active cargo system rack and body armor.

I plan on loading this truck up from time to time either for work or for Overlanding with a RTT

I am considering a Fox Level 3 kit with Dakar AAL for Heavy Duty. It is specifying that the heavy duty is for Constant load of 660.
Can anyone clarify why its specifying Constant Load. I want to make sure that my truck can handle a heavy load but I am not certain if it will be constantly loaded.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I am building my 2019 OR DCSB to serve as a daily driver work truck and weekend offroader.
The goal is to add Active cargo system rack and body armor.

I plan on loading this truck up from time to time either for work or for Overlanding with a RTT

I am considering a Fox Level 3 kit with Dakar AAL for Heavy Duty. It is specifying that the heavy duty is for Constant load of 660.
Can anyone clarify why its specifying Constant Load. I want to make sure that my truck can handle a heavy load but I am not certain if it will be constantly loaded.

Thanks in advance!
If you dont have a substantial load on it full time , it will be to stiff and will possible cause damage to other suspension components as it will not flex when needed to another option for you scenario would be a decent leaf setup and bag, air up when you super heavy on load etc.

I'd set you leafs for armour, rack etc what ever will be on full time . Then use a bag system to make up for the rest

Back