• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Current Projects Thread

Datin Metal Fab

datinfab.com
Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
datinfab.com
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Hey Guys!

I wanted to make this thread here to post new projects and sneak peaks of new products that are coming out soon! Right now we are developing a Soft Topper Bed Rack Cage. We are doing the first test fit on Tuesday and should have more information about pricing and availability than!
Tacoma Soft Topper Bed Cage.png

Make sure you also follow us on instagram @DatinMetalFab for cool pictures, info on what we're doing and where we're going, and exclusive deals and give-a-ways!! We just had our 100 follower give-a-way where we sent t-shirts and stickers out to followers in Colorado and Puerto Rico!

Last edited:
Nice, what is the approx. weight looking like?

The Soft Topper cage is a little heavier than our standard racks at 120lbs, the shelf weighs 60 lbs. We designed the shelf to be able to hold a 300lb 75qt yeti cooler. It's pretty over built right now I think, so we may end up thinning out some stuff to cut the weight down. I'm still working on developing the brackets needed to mount the shelf to a Tacoma. We weren't planning on doing a shelf, but we are building this rack custom for a white water rafting guides Chevy ZR2 and we really liked how the shelf turned out so were going to make it for everyone now haha.

Updates from today:
Soft Topper Bed cage and Cargo Shelf progress!
20180529_184235.jpg
20180529_155035.jpg
Very interesting design and I look foreword to seeing your end product. Are you using pre bent channel or CNC cutting and bending it all into shape? It looks like you’re making it into a modular design for custom fit is that right? I like it.

Very interesting design and I look foreword to seeing your end product. Are you using pre bent channel or CNC cutting and bending it all into shape? It looks like you’re making it into a modular design for custom fit is that right? I like it.

It is all designed in CAD, CNC laser cut, CNC bent on a 60 ton press, and then we TIG weld all the 12 ga and MIG the 3/16" bed rail mounts. It is pretty modular in that you can buy as many accessory panels as fits in the holes and put them anywhere you want. It's also really easy to mount anything to the sides. There's a mixture of 1/2" wide slots and 1/4" wide slots that you can mount anything to. Here are a couple pictures of my little brothers load out right now as he's making his way to Idaho to help us make some new stuff. We need to get these racks on some 3rd gens so I have more relevant pictures to post on this site!! He has his kayak ratchet strapped up under the rack so he still has all his bed space available below the bed rails.

IMG951025.jpg
IMG951035.jpg

Updating our 12" and 16" Base Stations to work with our new cargo shelf like our Chevy Racks! Any rack ordered through our website will now be this new style. We also still have a couple of our clearance racks left. These racks are the first generation of Base Stations we made that do not work with our cargo shelf. DM here or email me @ tanner@datinfab.com for more information the clearance racks!

Hey guys! We have a few new products out there! We've recently released an inboard accessory mounting plates, mount anywhere grab handles, and a fork mounted chainsaw holder for your dirt bike! We also got some new pictures of our canvas cage on a 2nd gen so I figured I'd post up here. Let me know what you guys think and as always, if you have any questions feel free to reach out to me!
Canvas Cage:
Canvas Cage.JPG

Chainsaw Mount:
Fork Mount.JPG

In Board Accessory Mounting Plate:
20181029_124959.jpg

Grab Handles:
Resized952018092695144115.jpg

Really liking your stuff! Was looking at KB voodoo but I like the rack idea over a slide. I’m more of the keep things simple kinda guy. I’ll give ya a follow on IG so I can drool some more...be pulling the trigger spring time. Waiting for the VT winter to leave and it’s only started :( lol

Really liking your stuff! Was looking at KB voodoo but I like the rack idea over a slide. I’m more of the keep things simple kinda guy. I’ll give ya a follow on IG so I can drool some more...be pulling the trigger spring time. Waiting for the VT winter to leave and it’s only started :( lol
Appreciate it man!

Back