• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Cummins to Tacoma

Welcome to the forum, Dave. What year were the Cummins? What made you want to go from that big to this small?

Hey Tyler,

I literally just watched your video. 35-37” Haha! I’m from Mass too.

I owned a snow plow company and sold it so I got rid of my DD which was a Ram 2500. The market is crazy right now. As I’m sure you know and they offered me sticker for my Ram. I was shocked.

move actually secretly wanted a Tacoma. I’ve heard nothing but good things about them and I know that it’s fairly easy to mod. My Ram had a Carli suspension on it. I’m not too new to the suspension game but definitely a lot to learn about the Tacoma.
I just purchased Icons stage 2 kit with aal and and UCA’s. Went with 16” methods and 285/75/16 geolanders MT’s.

Wicked pumped!

Hey Tyler,

I literally just watched your video. 35-37” Haha! I’m from Mass too.

I owned a snow plow company and sold it so I got rid of my DD which was a Ram 2500. The market is crazy right now. As I’m sure you know and they offered me sticker for my Ram. I was shocked.

move actually secretly wanted a Tacoma. I’ve heard nothing but good things about them and I know that it’s fairly easy to mod. My Ram had a Carli suspension on it. I’m not too new to the suspension game but definitely a lot to learn about the Tacoma.
I just purchased Icons stage 2 kit with aal and and UCA’s. Went with 16” methods and 285/75/16 geolanders MT’s.

Wicked pumped!
Damn, sticker price? What year was it? I know the market is insane right now but sticker... that's awesome. I went through a phase where I wanted to replace my Tacoma with a Ram but it didn't make sense to do that. So eventually I'll just get a Ram when the Taco is paid off and keep the Taco as a rock crawler build. All of the Carli suspension trucks are beautiful.

I use Icon shocks on my Tacoma and while they're almost 3 years old, seriously abused, and have never been serviced, they still ride like butter.

Damn! Glad to hear the Icons were a good investment. I’ve heard a few horror stories in my research.

so I actually had two. I had an 18 and a 19. Went in to sell the 18 and was going to keep the 19 but they offered me on both. The were both Laramies. So not top of the line but close. I had a good amount of equity in the 18 and offered me $64k sticker was $65500 so just under. The 19 they gave me $66000. I guess the new ones are like 75k. I looked into a 21 longhorn and it was 85k. I Was shocked!

Damn! Glad to hear the Icons were a good investment. I’ve heard a few horror stories in my research.

so I actually had two. I had an 18 and a 19. Went in to sell the 18 and was going to keep the 19 but they offered me on both. The were both Laramies. So not top of the line but close. I had a good amount of equity in the 18 and offered me $64k sticker was $65500 so just under. The 19 they gave me $66000. I guess the new ones are like 75k. I looked into a 21 longhorn and it was 85k. I Was shocked!
Awesome that you were able to get rid of both of them like that. Plenty of room for Taco mods now, lol.

Back