• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Course Motorsports Phone Mount Install/Review

Do any of you lose radio reception when you plug your phone in to charge? I noticed it happened in my Honda Fit and it does it in my Taco too. I've tried both the USB plug (which is almost useless to charge) and I currently use a cig plug adapter. Both trash my reception with the phone plugged in.
I honestly have not noticed that. I rarely use the radio, I'm always streaming music.

Long time no update! Apologies everyone. Life hasn’t been too easy on me since October of last year.

Long story short, my mag safe mount failed after about 1 month of use! The insert came out of the housing and my phone was dangling by the power wires. D’oh.

Outside of that, the magnet is really strong! It can withstand most street level impacts and shunts/bumps but, as expected, is completely useless for offroad. Phone will not stay because either the magnet let’s go or the mount wiggles, causing the phone to bounce off the dash and then the phone pops off the magnet.

Overall, I’m satisfied with it but I think I need something more heavy duty for the long term. Would love to see a magnet mount in this style that also offers arms as a secondary point of securement for offroad excursions.

I’ve reached out to Course and I’m sure they’ll take care of me, but I think I’ll keep my eyes out for my next solution!

F2BFF0B4-E90A-4F46-A10E-DCDC1B2F5FDF.jpeg

Last edited:
Long time no update! Apologies everyone. Life hasn’t been too easy on me since October of last year.

Long story short, my mag safe mount failed after about 1 month of use! The insert came out of the housing and my phone was dangling by the power wires. D’oh.

Outside of that, the magnet is really strong! It can withstand most street level impacts and shunts/bumps but, as expected, is completely useless for offroad. Phone will not stay because either the magnet let’s go or the mount wiggles, causing the phone to bounce off the dash and then the phone pops off the magnet.

Overall, I’m satisfied with it but I think I need something more heavy duty for the long term. Would love to see a magnet mount in this style that also offers arms as a secondary point of securement for offroad excursions.

I’ve reached out to Course and I’m sure they’ll take care of me, but I think I’ll keep my eyes out for my next solution!

F2BFF0B4-E90A-4F46-A10E-DCDC1B2F5FDF.jpeg
Thanks for the update!

Myself personally when I installed my android headunit, I took off my mount. My new headunit does CarPlay (wirelessly) and Gaia (which I was using the mount for Gaia on my phone). Overall I enjoyed using this mount, but have no use for it now.
014F33F8-7485-4556-A989-3664386EDAB5.jpeg

An update- There was a lost email that delayed my claim, but once I reached out again I received a quick response. They asked a few questions to verify and validate the claim, and quickly shipped a new mount.

Solid customer service. Will report back should I have any other things to add!

An update- There was a lost email that delayed my claim, but once I reached out again I received a quick response. They asked a few questions to verify and validate the claim, and quickly shipped a new mount.

Solid customer service. Will report back should I have any other things to add!
I'm glad they are taking care of you!

If anyone is curious about picking one of these up, mine is for sale. Throw me an offer and I'll send it to you!

Anyone having issues with theirs?

After the replacement was sent, I've not had any issues except the phone falling off on huge bumps, but my pro max iphone is pretty heavy. I wouldn't expect it to hold up at all during offroading, street use is ok though.

After the replacement was sent, I've not had any issues except the phone falling off on huge bumps, but my pro max iphone is pretty heavy. I wouldn't expect it to hold up at all during offroading, street use is ok though.
Is it a magnetic charging mount?

I went with this one. This was worth checking out. Doesn't fall off at all.

Is it a magnetic charging mount?

I went with this one. This was worth checking out. Doesn't fall off at all.

Yes it's a magnetic iPhone style. Your solution looks good, we will see what's in store for the next purchase.

Back