• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Color Matched TRD Pro Grill?

Haq_79

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
So i am going to upgrade to the trd grill for my 2018 taco and i have seen everyone with the same black grill. Would you want to color matched the grill or just leave it black? i was thinking of painting mine white to match my truck but i have not seen anyone else do it. I wonder it it would look good or not, if you know anyone with a painted grill please send me a link, thank you.

I saw a white one somewhere once upon a time, and I personally thought that it was a little overkill. My biggest concern would be durability as it's a large, mostly flat surface that would be prone to direct rock strikes, thus likely would chip easily

I saw a white one somewhere once upon a time, and I personally thought that it was a little overkill. My biggest concern would be durability as it's a large, mostly flat surface that would be prone to direct rock strikes, thus likely would chip easily
I was also thinking it would be overkill, i might just paint the toyota letters white.

I was also thinking it would be overkill, i might just paint the toyota letters white.
I've seen that done a few times and it looks great. Kinda gives a throwback to that vintage toyota look

So i am going to upgrade to the trd grill for my 2018 taco and i have seen everyone with the same black grill. Would you want to color matched the grill or just leave it black? i was thinking of painting mine white to match my truck but i have not seen anyone else do it. I wonder it it would look good or not, if you know anyone with a painted grill please send me a link, thank you.
You could do it like this one.
66F71588-9595-4F97-A1E8-341D82319149.jpeg

Back