• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

cocodataco - 2018 TRDOR DCSB

I like where you're going with it so far. I'll be doing one too - anything you learned worth noting?

I wish I left it out in the sun a bit longer but the weather hasn't been so good lately. Since putting it in the rig there has been little bit of paint smell left behind. If I were to do it again I would try using the Raptor liner on Amazon versus the truck bed liner from Home Depot. Potentially the roll on version but spray would be good too since I have a compressor.

Or you can always get spray adhesive and put carpet on.
IMG_1928.jpg

And the quarantine saga continues :LOL:

Today took care of running electrical for:
- my rack lights
- a @Baja Designs red rock light for the bed
- replacing the electrical for my Blue Seas below deck outlet in the bed to 10g to support my fridge.
IMG_1977.jpeg

I love working on electrical, especially when the OCD comes out. Really clean wiring makes me happy.
IMG_1979.jpeg

IMG_1983.jpeg

I will grab some photos of the lights at night when I get a free moment. Will need to spend some time tomorrow to rewire the we boost for my new bed rack that I will install over the weekend.

Sold the BAMF bed rack to purchase the Bruteforce bed cage. Always loved the way this cage looked and functioned. Just so happened to see a deal on a used one local to me and had to get my hands on it.
IMG_2024.jpg
60653383116__361CC822-C26A-431C-BF1B-FED6A456FB8B.JPG

Beats having to put all the weight of the tent and myself on the bed sides. Also decided to escape yesterday and take drive down to Big Sur.
IMG_2044.JPG

Was looking for some more intake notes since getting the snorkel on. And without having to shell up money for a TRD intake I found this K&N factory intake upgrade. Don't mind the messy engine bay, I'm planning on giving it a clean over the next few days. Overall I like the sound and my butt dyno tells me that it feels more responsive..
IMG_2572.jpg

New shifter from Teton Workshop. Pretty beefy and love the overall look of it.
99EC00CA-EA8B-4B2A-A610-5803247E4385.jpeg

Installed the snorkel upgrade Sy-klone 9001. I personally prefer this look over the ram head. Plus the added bonus of having a pre-filter. I will report how well It holds up. Last photo shows a new K&N filter versus the old one. I’m hoping by adding the pre-filter I will not need to switch to the paper when I hit the trails. Only time will tell. Also I am thinking about closing the gap from the bottom of the precleaner to the base of the snorkel body. I can’t stand that gap.
7ECC4989-0E2A-42B7-87B7-1BBD4BE96300.jpeg
51D384DE-1293-49C5-BFE2-2CC8F8342BFE.jpeg
758F4DB2-3BDB-41A9-834D-ACFF59E44101.jpeg

BD0A1F73-9F6B-4177-AAB3-E7B794AC8547.jpeg

Small trail damage a few weeks ago. I know I can get a replacement bumper cap but I was also looking for a reason to hop on a rear HC bumper. So the wait has started for a Brute force rear.

Its been a while but here’s a few updates to my build… (all of these were installed over the past couple of months)
- Bruteforce HC Rear Dual Swingout is finally on
- Deaver Expedition Stage III leaf pack
- Timbren rear bumpstops with unbolt flip
- Durobumps front bumpstops
- Relentless Fab summit hybrid front
- WARN Evo 10s
- Factor 55 Flatlink E
- Baja Designs S2 Pros

Next up is regear 5.29s but shop I ordered from has been on back order for a few months now. Hopefully get scheduled in over the next few weeks.
7342F769-3DE7-4D19-89D7-8AC46A157C73.jpeg
80745F64-97C1-4A3E-82E2-2CDA7A7DE750.jpeg
7546055D-A8DE-4AE6-AA79-119970C7925D.jpeg

Decided to move the TEs to my 80 series build. Threw on the SCS F5s to bash on with 295s. Just needs some ARP lugs and it'll be set.

Also if you're in the Bay Area hit up beeps offroad for your alignment needs. Gave me that OCD alignment with good specs.

Got a few more mods left to install when I find the time... BAMF Hangers and HD Shackles, SDHQ ABS sensor protectors
tempImageSZTyK0.png
IMG_5532.jpg

Last edited:
Was having issues with my garage remote and when I lost the clip I said F it and found a HomeLink mirror on eBay. Also got a plug and play cable. Much cheaper than getting the plug and play kit from Amazon. Works great.
EBB123C5-3695-44EA-9323-7C5B14D4AF5E.jpeg
136EE662-B32E-43A0-BA56-C36B70B31D91.jpeg

Was having issues with my garage remote and when I lost the clip I said F it and found a HomeLink mirror on eBay. Also got a plug and play cable. Much cheaper than getting the plug and play kit from Amazon. Works great.
I wonder if mine has all those buttons. That's awesome they have a PnP harness.

This gives me an idea and I really hope it works. Looks like that's a 12 pin adapter. Was it just loose up there? Anything plugged into it?

I want to get one of these to power my dash cam. It's a PnP adapter that goes between the mirror and factory wiring. Instead of putting it how they're installed in the pics, I could just install it higher up and run a longer USB cable for power. Which would look a lot cleaner than the clunky thing. Thanks for sharing! Hopefully there's the initial main harness with female terminal, then the line plugged between that and the mirror. I should have checked when I ripped everything out. Just wasn't thinking about getting a dash cam at the time.

download.jpg
download.jpg

Ah, it was off the existing mirror. Derp. Forgot about that. Wonder if I could use one of these since it's power. Then have it go to sleep or whatever. Might have to just make an extension.
image.jpg

Last edited:
This gives me an idea and I really hope it works. Looks like that's a 12 pin adapter. Was it just loose up there? Anything plugged into it?

I want to get one of these to power my dash cam. It's a PnP adapter that goes between the mirror and factory wiring. Instead of putting it how they're installed in the pics, I could just install it higher up and run a longer USB cable for power. Which would look a lot cleaner than the clunky thing. Thanks for sharing! Hopefully there's the initial main harness with female terminal, then the line plugged between that and the mirror. I should have checked when I ripped everything out. Just wasn't thinking about getting a dash cam at the time.

download.jpg
download.jpg

Ah, it was off the existing mirror. Derp. Forgot about that. Wonder if I could use one of these since it's power. Then have it go to sleep or whatever. Might have to just make an extension.
image.jpg
Sorry for late reply. The 12 pin connector was just in the original mirror. The mirror I ordered came with the original 10 pin connector and I could have just tapped into whatever wires were up top, but I felt a plug and play option would be better incase I needed to go back for whatever reason.

Back