• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Cheap Homelink

gaterose

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Blazing Blue Pearl
I have been wanting Homelink for a while but didn't want to spend the money for the OEM one ($250-300) so I picked up this Infiniti M35 mirror for $30 on eBay. It came with a connector so I just clipped the OEM wires and matched these up (black to white/black, yellow to blue, green to peach) and we're good to go.

The compass is orange, but I don't think the OEM compass was the exact color of the other switches so I really don't care. Self dimming, compass, and homelink all work great.

Homelink mirror.jpg

I just joined the forum and really like this idea. Was it the mount and the mirror that both changed or just the mirror face, I know it is a silly question but I have a blend mount for my radar detector and want to ensure that it will still fit.

Nicely done. Hell of a good way to save some coin off the factory setup. (y)

I just joined the forum and really like this idea. Was it the mount and the mirror that both changed or just the mirror face, I know it is a silly question but I have a blend mount for my radar detector and want to ensure that it will still fit.
It's the entire mirror and mount. Based on the shape of each I'd guess your blendmount will work but I'm not sure.

I've been giving this some thought and I think I'm going to stay with my clip on clicker. Although the Homelink is nice I feel like I would always be knocking my mirror our of alignment when I open the garage door.

I've been giving this some thought and I think I'm going to stay with my clip on clicker. Although the Homelink is nice I feel like I would always be knocking my mirror our of alignment when I open the garage door.

Never happened with mine. The buttons don't give enough resistance that you have to press them hard

Back