Cheap Homelink

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

gaterose

= IV • Gold
First Name
Matt
T3G Member
I have been wanting Homelink for a while but didn't want to spend the money for the OEM one ($250-300) so I picked up this Infiniti M35 mirror for $30 on eBay. It came with a connector so I just clipped the OEM wires and matched these up (black to white/black, yellow to blue, green to peach) and we're good to go.

The compass is orange, but I don't think the OEM compass was the exact color of the other switches so I really don't care. Self dimming, compass, and homelink all work great.

Homelink mirror.jpg

Ryryisurguy

= II • Bronze
First Name
Rylan
T3G Member
#2,337
I just joined the forum and really like this idea. Was it the mount and the mirror that both changed or just the mirror face, I know it is a silly question but I have a blend mount for my radar detector and want to ensure that it will still fit.

gaterose

= IV • Gold
First Name
Matt
T3G Member
I just joined the forum and really like this idea. Was it the mount and the mirror that both changed or just the mirror face, I know it is a silly question but I have a blend mount for my radar detector and want to ensure that it will still fit.
It's the entire mirror and mount. Based on the shape of each I'd guess your blendmount will work but I'm not sure.

RevN3

= VI • Diamond
RotM Winner
T3G Supporter
T3G Member
#1,323
I've been giving this some thought and I think I'm going to stay with my clip on clicker. Although the Homelink is nice I feel like I would always be knocking my mirror our of alignment when I open the garage door.

solscooter

= VII • Aficionado
T3G Supporter
First Name
Brian
T3G Member
I've been giving this some thought and I think I'm going to stay with my clip on clicker. Although the Homelink is nice I feel like I would always be knocking my mirror our of alignment when I open the garage door.

Never happened with mine. The buttons don't give enough resistance that you have to press them hard

Top Bottom