• ⚙️ 3rd & 4th Gen Toyota Tacomas | Tacoma3G

🌮 Tacoma3G.com is an online resource and community for 2016+ Toyota Tacoma owners.

👤 Registration is completely free and only takes a few seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig on the forum!

♥️ Beginner friendly. Tight-knit. No ads. The raddest. Read more about us...

Cheap Homelink

gaterose

4️⃣ Gold
T3G Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Instagram
@elgaterose
2017 Blazing Blue Pearl Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
I have been wanting Homelink for a while but didn't want to spend the money for the OEM one ($250-300) so I picked up this Infiniti M35 mirror for $30 on eBay. It came with a connector so I just clipped the OEM wires and matched these up (black to white/black, yellow to blue, green to peach) and we're good to go.

The compass is orange, but I don't think the OEM compass was the exact color of the other switches so I really don't care. Self dimming, compass, and homelink all work great.

Homelink mirror.jpg

Ryryisurguy

2️⃣ Bronze
T3G Member
#2,337
Reaction score
First Name
Rylan
Instagram
@@ryryisurguy
I just joined the forum and really like this idea. Was it the mount and the mirror that both changed or just the mirror face, I know it is a silly question but I have a blend mount for my radar detector and want to ensure that it will still fit.

gaterose

4️⃣ Gold
T3G Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Instagram
@elgaterose
2017 Blazing Blue Pearl Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
I just joined the forum and really like this idea. Was it the mount and the mirror that both changed or just the mirror face, I know it is a silly question but I have a blend mount for my radar detector and want to ensure that it will still fit.
It's the entire mirror and mount. Based on the shape of each I'd guess your blendmount will work but I'm not sure.

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
T3G Member
#1,323
Reaction score
Instagram
@revn3adventures
YouTube
/RevN3
2017 Blazing Blue Pearl Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Manual
I've been giving this some thought and I think I'm going to stay with my clip on clicker. Although the Homelink is nice I feel like I would always be knocking my mirror our of alignment when I open the garage door.

solscooter

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
T3G Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Instagram
@solscooter
2016 White Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic (Build Thread)
I've been giving this some thought and I think I'm going to stay with my clip on clicker. Although the Homelink is nice I feel like I would always be knocking my mirror our of alignment when I open the garage door.

Never happened with mine. The buttons don't give enough resistance that you have to press them hard