• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Can 2023 Stock steel rims be replaced by the OEM gloss black alloy wheels without issue

Rocco G

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I bought a new 2023 extended cab SR5. A friend just removed his stock black gloss alloy wheel's off his 2023 Tacoma and offered them to me. It was the same size tire (245/75R16). My concern is that he has fender flare where mine does not. Is the backspacing the same on both rims? I am concerned my tire may stick out further than fender because I do not have the optional fender flare that comes with the allot wheel package. Any help would be appreciated as I cannot find info on this..Thanks

Any stock wheels/tires from any 3g Tacoma will fit without modifications. They don't change the physical dimensions of the truck with trim levels.

Best way to test and see if they're right for you, though, would just to be to bolt on a side and stand back and look at it. If you do end up liking them, you'll need to have the TPMS sensors swapped over from your factory wheels or have the computer reprogrammed with the new sensors.

I was told by 2 local dealers that the alloy wheel was meant for truck with flares. They said if I put them on my truck the tires would stick out slightly more from fender on SR5 than the stock rim tires. You are saying it would be identical measurement to existing steel wheels?

Find the offset or backspacing specs for the two tires. If they're different, then one will stick out farther than the other. But they'll fit and function either way.

None of the factory wheels will stick out. Dealers don't understand anything when it comes to modifications.

Test fitting is the way.

I purchased the new rims, had them installed yesterday and there was no problem at all. Offset was the same and they look and fit perfectl! I did end up purchasing new TPMS sensors as I wanted the black air valve stem vs the steel look of the sensors from the original steel wheels. Thanks for your feedback, was much appreciated!

I purchased the new rims, had them installed yesterday and there was no problem at all. Offset was the same and they look and fit perfectl! I did end up purchasing new TPMS sensors as I wanted the black air valve stem vs the steel look of the sensors from the original steel wheels. Thanks for your feedback, was much appreciated!
Those damn silver stems always bugged me. They are so bulky and look horrible on my Volks. Great idea. How much were the sensors?

Those damn silver stems always bugged me. They are so bulky and look horrible on my Volks. Great idea. How much were the sensors?
The tire shop charged me $50 each. I was there, he had them, I said ok. I think you can get much cheaper if you shop around.

Back