• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Camping Gear

Man.. HUGE THANK YOU to @UploadAdventure for the discount code. Damn near saved me $400 ?
1580349185079.png

I like how we're talking about $5000 tents and $10 mosquito nets. :ROFLMAO:

Re: Tarp over the Softopper, that's what I was thinking with that Slumberjack thing. Yes it's more money, but it's all one package. Attach it to the cab so it covers the softopper and encases the whole bed in netting + annex area at the tailgate.

M87vcmLorraSCBjpE0gqwE_nDxzbnRPpcfbqxqQlI7W9jx-ZFPx1Flm6d2U8WHTHdr6PmJbi77yLP70W-5eZE5YbBFBw7sfACZWS75lPA98Z8kNKSBsW2Uz7GUwAZ-S3DE96aEkFi7E=w2400

Can I hijack this thread to ask about awnings? Going to be getting an upTOP access cab rack, so something about 4' mounted to the rack. ARB has a 4x8' I was looking at but was wondering if there was something else that folded up small with more coverage.

The plan is to sleep in the bed under my Softopper, I was thinking of something like a Slumberjack Roadhouse screen tarp to attach to the back of the rack and provide additional rain protection and bug screen.
Some more info here: https://tacoma3g.com/threads/thoughts-on-awnings.9359/#post-40154

I prefer truck tents for my pick up this looks safer and you don’t need to climb that high.

I would recommend to look for a chinamade nylon tent under 100, but if you are ready to invest like $360-390 the Kodiak Canvas tent would be your #1 for some outdoor adventures.

Absolutely no issues with stitching, the canvas is thick, heavy, and high quality. Zippers are larger and more long-lasting than what you would find on nylon tents. There are also plenty of windows, I especially loved the cent at the top of the tent, and all of the screens feature bug mesh, so even the smallest bugs won’t get through
https://wildproofgear.com/best-canvas-tents/

No idea if there are any canvas rooftop tents, but if they exist you would certainly advice to try that one instead of nylon crap.

Back