• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Camping gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotacoTRD

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
Some of us camped in the crappiest place in the world...not by choice, but what are your ECT (Every Camping Trip) essentials for those good ole getaway with the familia. List them and rate them as such (overrated, nice to have, must)

-Waterport (overrated)
-4p Ground tent (must)
-Aqua Tainer 7g (must)
-Teton Queen XL sleeping bag (must)
-Coleman Airbed 8" (nice to have)
-Coleman Classic 2stove (nice to have)
-Coleman Canopy (must)
-Camping chairs any (must)
-Costco Folding Table (must)
-Axe/shovel (must)
-Hammock any (nice to have)
-55qt Lifetime cooler. NO I don't have a yeti (must)
-Headlights and flashlight (must)

These are some of the stuff I carry on a trip...what are yours?

I know I’m gonna look like a camping noob, and I actually am, but the wife and I feel pretty comfortable like this:

Roof top tent
Coleman sleeping bags
Baby wipes
A hunting knife used for whatever
A cooler for food and beer of course
No flashlights cause we are in a spoiled generation and have the iPhones do the work lol
But we do have tent lights and regular work lights for wanting permenant light at night
For cooking, we used to cook over a fire with a handheld grill thing. Not sure what it’s called

I know I’m gonna look like a camping noob, and I actually am, but the wife and I feel pretty comfortable like this:

Roof top tent
Coleman sleeping bags
Baby wipes
A hunting knife used for whatever
A cooler for food and beer of course
No flashlights cause we are in a spoiled generation and have the iPhones do the work lol
But we do have tent lights and regular work lights for wanting permenant light at night
For cooking, we used to cook over a fire with a handheld grill thing. Not sure what it’s called

One of those lumberjack steel grills?

Still old school. Saving for the RTT and a Kbvoodoo cross bars to keep my stock cover. Keeps everything dry and secure

One of those lumberjack steel grills?

Still old school. Saving for the RTT and a Kbvoodoo cross bars to keep my stock cover. Keeps everything dry and secure
One of these things. All we really eat is burgers so it’s pretty useful.
F9F02739-88E3-4105-BD77-0D5BD02C46A7.png

Tato portable hammock stand

Durchware Hammock with Fronkey net

Hammockgear Cuben/DCF 11' Palace tarp

Hammockgear 40deg top quilt

DIY Costco down throw/underquilt

Slumberjack Roadhouse tarp to cover the truck bed

Travel Chair Roo, and Joey chairs

ARB 37Qt fridge

Headlamp/flashlight

Dutch oven when in a large group

Misc Titanium cookware, canister stove, and COFFEE delivery device.

Food and drinks

Thermacell for the camp. works like a charm.

the basics

tent
beer
fishing pole
chairs
and kitchen essentials

I'd like to hear about good food ideas for camping. a go to for me is just "hot tub" some brats.
get a tin container and through some brats, hot dogs, sausages in there and pour about 3-4 ipa beers in there and let them cook for a while. super easy and always have plenty of beer and brats when camping. just makes sense to put them together.

tembo tusk (best thing ever)
coleman tent
north face sleeping bag
coleman 5 gallon water jug
hammock
yeti ice chest (overrated)
flashlights
fishing pole
go pro
cooking utensils
have most of my stuff in my plano case (highly recommend)

i usually take some steaks, chicken, fish on my camping trips and all very easy to cook on the tempo tusk

Guns, whiskey, TP, bacon... Can pretty much make do without the rest unless there's women involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back