• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Cameras. What do you shoot shit with?

Love, love, love full frame mirrorless. Has me thinking differently about focus and framing.
That bokeh tho. But yeah, I knew if we were gonna spend the money we should just go all in and jump on the full frame mirrorless trend. I used to think the iPhone 12 Pro takes nice enough photos for something like Instagram. I didn't think I'd want a camera. But no—now I realize how different it is to look at a flat photo from an iPhone after seeing what a full frame mirrorless can do with nice glass. It's a totally different experience for your eyes.

That bokeh tho. But yeah, I knew if we were gonna spend the money we should just go all in and jump on the full frame mirrorless trend. I used to think the iPhone 12 Pro takes nice enough photos for something like Instagram. I didn't think I'd want a camera. But no—now I realize how different it is to look at a flat photo from an iPhone after seeing what a full frame mirrorless can do with nice glass. It's a totally different experience for your eyes.
For sure. On the other side, easy to overdue it, and most people really don't care about how technically "good" a photo is. They just want pretty saturation, lol.

It's hard to justify the cost unless you are passionate about it.

@Victory4x4 I actually realized how unsatisfied I am with relying on the iPhone 12 Pro after I took these recent photos. I thought these photos were going to look marketable for Black Rhino but I can totally tell it's just an iPhone.

@WanderingWinterfields - Carbine 02.jpg
@WanderingWinterfields - Carbine 05.jpg

For sure. On the other side, easy to overdue it, and most people really don't care about how technically "good" a photo is. They just want pretty saturation, lol.

It's hard to justify the cost unless you are passionate about it.
I admit that I've always wanted to learn photography but could never stay interested.

But my wife and dogs will be living on the road for a year or two, seeing everything North America has to offer. She has some experience/classes with DLSR and film and we realized this trip is worthy of a real camera. These are photos we'll look back on forever and probably print some of them to hang in our house.

Paige and I thought we'd be fine using our iPhone 12 cameras for our road life photos. After owning the phones for a bit, we're not really impressed with the photos as far as capturing very special moments goes. The photo quality is obviously great for most things but a phone will never compare to a higher end camera.

It's not Instagram photos I'm concerned with; I don't care if those are coming from a phone. But our road life is going to be one of the coolest things we'll ever do in life so we realized we want to capture those moments in a professional looking format. Maybe even have some made into canvases for our house one day.

She has an old Canon T5i DSLR but it hardly shoots better than the iPhone 12. So, today we splurged and got a sweet mirrorless rig. It's a Sony Alpha 7C full-frame kit with the lens. I did a lot of research before we chose one and I'm happy with what we picked. It looks like it takes some killer photos from what I've seen online but we haven't played with it much today because it was raining.

71E2EgryGFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg61-UOkUil1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I use my galaxy s20 ultra the 108mp rear camera is pretty great pictures of course price comes with that kinda phone.

So I'll expand on my R6 comment above. I've shot with crop mirrorless for a long time. Small size was awesome. But then I got hooked on full frame and big glass after renting a couple for trips. Ended up going all in last year on a Canon R6 with the 24-105 f/4 kit lens, and then added a 70-200 f/2.8 this winter. Love, love, love full frame mirrorless. Has me thinking differently about focus and framing. If the M6 had similar glass available, I think I could have gone that route... But now I'm a full frame junkie and I bring it everywhere :ROFLMAO:

Strike-Front-5.jpg
R6__1027 (1).jpg
R6__9130 (1).jpg
R6__9684 (1).jpg
IMG_1001-2 (1).jpg
R6__7930.jpg
R6__7916 (3).jpg

The image quality is fantastic on that R6. Been waiting to see about a sale on Mirrorless to go away from DSLR for a bit. I just don't want to buy my lenses again 😂😩

I use my galaxy s20 ultra the 108mp rear camera is pretty great pictures of course price comes with that kinda phone.

Love my S20 Ultras camera. Switched back to iPhone but kept the Ultra as a backup. Snapseed editing will make those phone camera images POP

The image quality is fantastic on that R6. Been waiting to see about a sale on Mirrorless to go away from DSLR for a bit. I just don't want to buy my lenses again 😂😩

Love my S20 Ultras camera. Switched back to iPhone but kept the Ultra as a backup. Snapseed editing will make those phone camera images POP
Not sure if you mind older models but the Sony a7 III is probably the most popular full-frame mirrorless to this day and it was released in 2018. The next model is set to be announced and released later this year so you might find a good deal on the a7 III now or soonish.

Not sure if you mind older models but the Sony a7 III is probably the most popular full-frame mirrorless to this day and it was released in 2018. The next model is set to be announced and released later this year so you might find a good deal on the a7 III now or soonish.

Definitely don't mind the older models. My D3300 Nikon is still in great condition but like I said the only set back for me is getting lenses compatible with mirrorless. What editing software do yall use?

Definitely don't mind the older models. My D3300 Nikon is still in great condition but like I said the only set back for me is getting lenses compatible with mirrorless. What editing software do yall use?
I've used Photoshop but I prefer not to.

I use a Mac so I have two Mac-only apps. One is Affinity which is meant to be a full Photoshop replacement. But they have 2 different apps and one of them can do it all while a second one is more for just color grading photos, making it simpler.

But my latest app, and the one I find the cleanest to use, is Pixelmator Pro. It feels like you're using a native macOS app and it has some handy tools while not being overly complicated.

If you don't use a Mac, I love GIMP which is free and almost as powerful as Photoshop.

Pixelmator Pro is extra cool because it has some machine learning tools that can attempt to very accurately correct colors like some other apps, but it can also use machine learning to super-retina your photo's resolution, taking it from something like 4000x4000 pixels to 12000x12000 pixels and it does it really well. You'd only care about that for printing though.

Back