• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Cameras. What do you shoot shit with?

Nice @Malcolm! I love the A6500 and recently moved to the A7III. I kept my A6500 as its a great small run and gun. Paired with the 18-105mm you can't lose. Here are some on that same set up from a trip I took to DC and Virginia. And a few from a car show.

E008C060-2AF4-43F5-953D-07D81FFF0764.jpeg
A93C5999-E4F3-4C23-81AC-B0B868BB8301.jpeg
E008C060-2AF4-43F5-953D-07D81FFF0764.jpeg
C3EDE7DC-D289-404C-938B-C89B5EBAA3AB.jpeg
131B690A-BEDE-4714-8E55-0EDB01DC93DA.jpeg
28AA8C91-E5CC-4B84-A339-6FD3EED6D81F.jpeg
F4231737-9CB0-485C-A774-BC89CE6A5038.jpeg

Last edited:
I've bought more used gear from eBay and Fredmiranda than I could ever count. Never had a single issue and I've saved many thousands over the years.

Just be careful and do your research.

When you decide you want something else, sell it for what you paid for it and move on. Camera gear holds its value very well.

I bought 100% of my current kit used on eBay:

IMG_8064.JPG

:love::love: beautiful set up. Shot Canon for years till I went mirrorless. Still love the color science from canon

That's killer!
Ya i got lucky, i had put everything in my cart last week but someone had bought the same items i did at that price, but it popped up like 30 mins before i ordered it yesterday so i swapped it all for the cheaper ones, all open box items on B&H but if you know B&H thats KILLER because they test everything thoroughly and usually their open box items arent that cheap, usually about 10-12% off msrp

Ya i got lucky, i had put everything in my cart last week but someone had bought the same items i did at that price, but it popped up like 30 mins before i ordered it yesterday so i swapped it all for the cheaper ones, all open box items on B&H but if you know B&H thats KILLER because they test everything thoroughly and usually their open box items arent that cheap, usually about 10-12% off msrp

I need that 70-200.. wife has me shooting employee photos for her company

Camera arrived today and it’s truly an open box that I happened to snag FOR CHEAP! Came with all original accessories with the body and the body is immaculate. What a steal! I also put a nice little cage in there to give it a little more weight and add some protection
9ADCC197-6C43-49E6-BAFD-F2E67E799F06.jpeg

6383B68C-06CB-474B-A2C0-15209495B082.jpeg
0867A8E2-DFF4-4CA3-BD23-1C74EFC97A9B.jpeg
10285115-7DA1-4F87-8629-46DD42C1E54B.jpeg

Camera arrived today and it’s truly an open box that I happened to snag FOR CHEAP! Came with all original accessories with the body and the body is immaculate. What a steal! I also put a nice little cage in there to give it a little more weight and add some protection
9ADCC197-6C43-49E6-BAFD-F2E67E799F06.jpeg

6383B68C-06CB-474B-A2C0-15209495B082.jpeg
0867A8E2-DFF4-4CA3-BD23-1C74EFC97A9B.jpeg
10285115-7DA1-4F87-8629-46DD42C1E54B.jpeg

that's quite the cage!! you going to be doing a lot of video shooting with it?

I need more lenses :(

fkqPnGHHQ%i3WivL7H47gw.jpg

We shoot with a Canon 80D with various lenses and a Zhiyun Crane gimbal (for production video) at the shop, but my walk around set-up is a Canon M6 mirrorless, 22mm f/2, and a polarizer. Tiny and takes good enough shots for what I'm doing, but I'm not a pro. If it's just for IG I often use my Galaxy S9. I also have a DJI gimbal for my S9 and use that for a lot of vlog content.

The best camera is the one that's easy and fast to use honestly. ;)

Everything below is from my Canon M6:

Victory4x4_DarylHutson_IMG_7476.jpg
IMG_8537.jpg
IMG_8484 (1).jpg
IMG_8010.jpg

I have a photography business if you have any questions. For traveling I use my Sony a6300 with a 18-70mm lens. Love it. Small, compact, and takes great pictures. Just know that you will need extra batteries for sure.

For my business I use a Nikon D750 and have a bunch of lenses for that. Its bigger, heavier, and has similar specs but still love it. ITs full frame, buttons are laid out way better, and battery life is 100x better.

Figure out what is important to you in terms of what you want to achieve in your pictures (action, low light etc) and then find a camera that can meet those needs. Then pick a camera that you enjoy the layout and feels good in your hands. People are going to say Sony vs Nikon vs canon. Everyone has their favourites. Just pick one you like and invest in some good glass. Glass will make much more of a difference than the biggest and baddest camera. Being able to change your lens to meet your needs is worth its weight in gold!

I am still rocking my Canon 7D, 35mm Prime, and recently ordered Tamron 70-200 G2. I have had this DSLR since 2009 and haven't felt the need to upgrade yet. I am waiting on Canon to release a mirror-less body with in body image stabilization like the Sony A7III. These Sony cameras are tempting, but I really don't want to buy new glass. Yes, I can buy a Sigma or Metabones adapter, but it doesn't have full functionality -- yet. I would focus on investing in glass instead of all of these fancy bodies.

Canon has had strong opinions about image stabilization in the lens instead of the body for a long time. Not sure that they will change on that.

Canon has had strong opinions about image stabilization in the lens instead of the body for a long time. Not sure that they will change on that.

Yes, you are right. Just wishful thinking and finding an excuse NOT to upgrade lol.

If anyone is interested, I'd love to sell my drone. So if you're looking to get into a drone and are interested in the Inspire 1 v2.0, let me know...I'll let it go for a good price to those T3G members.

Paige and I thought we'd be fine using our iPhone 12 cameras for our road life photos. After owning the phones for a bit, we're not really impressed with the photos as far as capturing very special moments goes. The photo quality is obviously great for most things but a phone will never compare to a higher end camera.

It's not Instagram photos I'm concerned with; I don't care if those are coming from a phone. But our road life is going to be one of the coolest things we'll ever do in life so we realized we want to capture those moments in a professional looking format. Maybe even have some made into canvases for our house one day.

She has an old Canon T5i DSLR but it hardly shoots better than the iPhone 12. So, today we splurged and got a sweet mirrorless rig. It's a Sony Alpha 7C full-frame kit with the lens. I did a lot of research before we chose one and I'm happy with what we picked. It looks like it takes some killer photos from what I've seen online but we haven't played with it much today because it was raining.

71E2EgryGFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg61-UOkUil1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

My entire wedding was shot on an iPad in the hands of a child. You would never know they weren’t professional.

Oh hey, future perspective here. The in-body stabilization in my R6 is fantastic :ROFLMAO:

I thought about just bringing my Game Boy with the camera accessory instead of buying this thing.
I have a couple of the printers laying around if you need hard copies

Paige and I thought we'd be fine using our iPhone 12 cameras for our road life photos. After owning the phones for a bit, we're not really impressed with the photos as far as capturing very special moments goes. The photo quality is obviously great for most things but a phone will never compare to a higher end camera.

It's not Instagram photos I'm concerned with; I don't care if those are coming from a phone. But our road life is going to be one of the coolest things we'll ever do in life so we realized we want to capture those moments in a professional looking format. Maybe even have some made into canvases for our house one day.

Good choice going mirrorless, I REALLY enjoy my Fuji. Wait till you start getting into lenses, though. I've had an on/off obsession with trying to find the perfect lens with some of the shots I want to get with landscape.

1622846559658.png

Not even joking :)

2021-06-04 14.19.08.jpg
I really appreciate the PSP hiding in the back, too. Used to love mine.

Good choice going mirrorless, I REALLY enjoy my Fuji. Wait till you start getting into lenses, though. I've had an on/off obsession with trying to find the perfect lens with some of the shots I want to get with landscape.

1622846559658.png

I really appreciate the PSP hiding in the back, too. Used to love mine.
We were considering the Tamron 28-200mm as our do it all lens, but it's pricey. Paige also might want a 50mm prime lens. But the kit lens we have is pretty nice for now.

So I'll expand on my R6 comment above. I've shot with crop mirrorless for a long time. Small size was awesome. But then I got hooked on full frame and big glass after renting a couple for trips. Ended up going all in last year on a Canon R6 with the 24-105 f/4 kit lens, and then added a 70-200 f/2.8 this winter. Love, love, love full frame mirrorless. Has me thinking differently about focus and framing. If the M6 had similar glass available, I think I could have gone that route... But now I'm a full frame junkie and I bring it everywhere :ROFLMAO:

Strike-Front-5.jpg
R6__1027 (1).jpg
R6__9130 (1).jpg
R6__9684 (1).jpg
IMG_1001-2 (1).jpg
R6__7930.jpg
R6__7916 (3).jpg

Back