• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bumper Cost Comparison

Iowa Taco

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I've been looking at different bumper options for my truck, and wanted to compare options easily. Thought I would share this with everyone; not every detail or option is listed here but these are the most commonly shared options. If there is a company I am missing, information that is wrong or incorrect, or you have a question please let me know. Maybe @Tyler could make this a sticky

*A lot of these companies offer swing out options now, I didn't include these costs*

Bumper Cost Comparison Updated 5A.PNG

Bumper Cost Comparison Updated 6B.PNG

Update: Added Warn data and Fab Fours 17 Jul 2018
Added Demello, TJM, and Expedition One options 17 Jul 2018
Added TJM front and updated Pelfreybilt info 26 July 2018
Removed Pelfreybilt from the list b/c B/S 10 Sep 2018
Added Brute Force Fab 13 Sep 2018

*A lot of these companies offer swing out options now, I didn't include these costs*

Last edited:
Nice! I know there's a lot that are missing, when I get some time I'll see what I can do to help you fill in some of the missing pieces.

Nice! I know there's a lot that are missing, when I get some time I'll see what I can do to help you fill in some of the missing pieces.
Sounds good. I din't want to include every company that makes anything, because then it's an exhaustive list to look at, plus some companies no one really knows make stuff. Took most common, reputable bumpers for our trucks

Sounds good. I din't want to include every company that makes anything, because then it's an exhaustive list to look at, plus some companies no one really knows make stuff. Took most common, reputable bumpers for our trucks
It's definitely a solid start! There's a lot of big ones missing like Demello, Addictive Desert Designs, TJM, ARB, Expedition One, etc. And RCI just released their front bumper... those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. There are several more that I can picture in my head, but can't remember the names.

I am glad that you left the bro bumpers and cattle slayers off the list though :ROFLMAO:

It's definitely a solid start! There's a lot of big ones missing like Demello, Addictive Desert Designs, TJM, ARB, Expedition One, etc. And RCI just released their front bumper... those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. There are several more that I can picture in my head, but can't remember the names.

I am glad that you left the bro bumpers and cattle slayers off the list though :ROFLMAO:
Added to the list

@Pelfreybilt does your full size front bumper fit up to a 10k winch? Does it need to be divorced?

Last edited:
Added to the list
Nice.

TJM has a front also, I only see the rear listed... No hoops, 2-stage powder coat standard, optional rock lights plus LED pod light pockets, hidden 12,000-lb winch capacity, MSRP $1,095.00. Only available in steel.

The new RCI front bumper base price is $1,100 and goes up to $1,350 depending on options such as powder coated or not, no hoops / short hoop / full hoops, etc. It accepts a 20" or 30" Rigid light bar plus two Rigid LED pods and a hidden winch, but what size winch is unknown. Only available in steel.

Our hidden winch mount costs 40$ to powder coat if you want to add that or if anyone is interested, and I have like 20 in stock haha!

Our hidden winch mount costs 40$ to powder coat if you want to add that or if anyone is interested, and I have like 20 in stock haha!

I will update this. Can you tell me what the size winch can be used on your front bumper?

We also have the aluminum versions which are much lighter, and seem to be more popular with the third gen crowd.

I've been looking at different bumper options for my truck, and wanted to compare options easily. Thought I would share this with everyone; not every detail or option is listed here but these are the most commonly shared options. If there is a company I am missing, information that is wrong or incorrect, or you have a question please let me know. Maybe @Tyler could make this a sticky

View attachment 5236View attachment 5235

Update: Added Warn data and Fab Fours 17 Jul 2018
Added Demello, TJM, and Expedition One options 17 Jul 2018
Added TJM front and updated Pelfreybilt info 26 July 2018
Alright dude. It's time for me to use the shit out of this thread to decide what high clearance rear I wanna go with. Will report back with decision shortly.

Alright dude. It's time for me to use the shit out of this thread to decide what high clearance rear I wanna go with. Will report back with decision shortly.
I'm still waiting to see Pelfrey's new rear bumper but also leaning heavily towards a Relentless H/C rear. I personally like Relentless' design the best of all the H/C, YMMV.

I'm still waiting to see Pelfrey's new rear bumper but also leaning heavily towards a Relentless H/C rear. I personally like Relentless' design the best of all the H/C, YMMV.
It’s funny you say that, cause I made my decision (I think). I want the Relentless with the taillight guards. I obviously need it, lol.

It’s funny you say that, cause I made my decision (I think). I want the Relentless with the taillight guards. I obviously need it, lol.
Hahaha yes you do. How many tail lights have you busted so far? Two?

Makes sense, right?
968B51DA-1CC9-46A7-B17A-C74521273197.jpeg
Definitely makes sense. I think it's C4 who also makes one with tail light guards you could look in to also?

ETA: It is, but I don't think these would've done much in the above situation haha

2016-Tacoma-3rd-Gen-Overland-Series-Rear-Bumper-High-Clearance-2-650x433.jpg

I looked but I don’t love the way that one looks.
Yeah I edited my post and I agree completely, just chucking out options.

If you wanted to stay local maybe @mh.meier @Pelfreybilt could add some tail light protectors to their as-yet-unreleased H/C rear as kind of a custom deal for you?

Yeah I edited my post and I agree completely, just chucking out options.

If you wanted to stay local maybe @mh.meier @Pelfreybilt could add some tail light protectors to their as-yet-unreleased H/C rear as kind of a custom deal for you?
That’s a possibility. Maybe @mh.meier could also hurry the fuck up with it too. :p

Tyler, that Relentless bumper has you name all over it. Don’t think you have time to wait for Pelfreybilt.

Last edited:
@Iowa Taco awesome job on compiling that list and break-down!

Makes sense, right?
968B51DA-1CC9-46A7-B17A-C74521273197.jpeg
To be completely fair, in the spot you were in, you would still be likely to break your tail light. I have personally been out twice and watched guys with all kind of tubing everywhere bust out their tail lights. They had side tubes, over the tail light tubes, bedside tubes etc. I have never busted a tail light wheeling, ever and I used to only have a baby tube bumper before my HC rear.

Back