• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tacoma World

New iPhone announced today.

Disclaimer: I'm not an Apple fanboy but I do like the iPhone much better than Android phones.

Announcement recap: Nothing special, again. Apple lost its wow factor years ago. Although the technology is insane and I can't believe these phones can do the things they do, I haven't been impressed with their new stuff in ages. This new iPhone 12 is using the same exact design the iPhone 4 used. And the only thing they really talked about during the keynote is a slight camera upgrade from the current iPhone. Meh.

I replace the battery and screen on my 7 plus for as long as they'll let me keep doing this :)

Fuck this shit. Too many bolts. Not enough obvious places to put them.
E45673E6-5CE8-45D0-8518-46F0337BD68C.jpeg
757843FC-96F4-4C4D-B136-4D71834B79ED.jpeg
Quit your sniveling Marine and get it done! 😂

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 10.26.55 AM.png

Not sure how most people move files from one computer to another but I usually stick to python and wget. Now if I could figure out how to manage all the images and videos, that would be something.

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 10.26.55 AM.png

Not sure how most people move files from one computer to another but I usually stick to python and wget. Now if I could figure out how to manage all the images and videos, that would be something.
Python to transfer files between computers’ local drives? Any reason for that?

What are you trying to do now, just move some media?

Python to transfer files between computers’ local drives? Any reason for that?

What are you trying to do now, just move some media?
Python to host on 1 computer. WGet to recursively get from the other. I could use my external SSDs but I'm out of USB-C ports on this macbook. It's the struggle when my work stuff takes up too much space and I need to shuffle stuff around to use iMovie.

I have videos from the DJI Osmo action camera I need to get to my macbook so I can import. Aiming for 1 video a week and data management with work is a pain in the arse.

Python to host on 1 computer. WGet to recursively get from the other. I could use my external SSDs but I'm out of USB-C ports on this macbook. It's the struggle when my work stuff takes up too much space and I need to shuffle stuff around to use iMovie.

I have videos from the DJI Osmo action camera I need to get to my macbook so I can import. Aiming for 1 video a week and data management with work is a pain in the arse.
Got ya. I don’t know why they killed all the MacBook Pro ports. Not very Pro when you hardly have ports. I have a newer one that has 4 usb-c so it’s not too bad now.

I know it isn’t practical for huge video files that would take forever to upload, but I have recently started to love iCloud for this purpose.

In your case, is the second computer also macOS?

@UnpavedPreferred side note: So you film using the DJI Mimo app? Have you had any issues with it? I haven’t had any issues yet but all I hear are bad things.

Got ya. I don’t know why they killed all the MacBook Pro ports. Not very Pro when you hardly have ports. I have a newer one that has 4 usb-c so it’s not too bad now.

I know it isn’t practical for huge video files that would take forever to upload, but I have recently started to love iCloud for this purpose.

In your case, is the second computer also macOS?
The second laptop is Windows 10. One of these days I'll just use my desktop to host a file share which is Ubuntu, I believe, and move files that way.

@UnpavedPreferred side note: So you film using the DJI Mimo app? Have you had any issues with it? I haven’t had any issues yet but all I hear are bad things.
I used it a little initially but overall it seems lackluster compared to when I had a gopro, the mobile app from them was much better. Waiting for the app to connect to the camera through wifi is just plain clunky and seems to take more time than it's worth.

The second laptop is Windows 10. One of these days I'll just use my desktop to host a file share which is Ubuntu, I believe, and move files that way.
I figured. Windows to Mac doesn’t have many high speed options. Either a cloud system like iCloud and Google Drive (compress your folders to .zip so it’s faster), a SSD, using your own remote server, or the absolute shit local WiFi network system.

I usually use SCP. It uses SSH to establish a connection and transfer data.

since ssh is on just about everything, this command should work on mac / pc / etc: "scp file.txt username@host.domain:file.txt"

else: rsync
Not sure why I don't use SCP more for stuff at home. I use it for work.

I have enough crap around the house, it can only be laziness that I haven't come up with a better solution. One of these days I'll figure out a better yet free alternative to iMovie.

Not sure why I don't use SCP more for stuff at home. I use it for work.

I have enough crap around the house, it can only be laziness that I haven't come up with a better solution. One of these days I'll figure out a better yet free alternative to iMovie.

Sounds like you could justify a homelab, or at least dedicated network storage. A NAS with several terrabytes of capacity so you can just dump everything to one place. I use one as my media server, pictures / phone backups, and any other home tech projects that I feel like integrating.

Last night I had a dream that when I woke up and checked the forum, 2,300,000 spam accounts had joined overnight. I guess I have PTSD from when that did happen with like 100 accounts in one night.

My Christmas present. M&P 15-22 something that’s fun and fairly inexpensive to shoot for the whole family. Can’t wait to see my 6yo daughter shooting it.

Attachments

• 80863B7F-7BA1-49F9-8DC1-4F92210DD95B.jpeg
    80863B7F-7BA1-49F9-8DC1-4F92210DD95B.jpeg
    385.4 KB · Views: 48
Back