Brake upgrade

azshooter40

= V • Platinum
T3G Supporter
First Name
Robert
T3G Member
Since installing the larger tires and my brakes squealing like a pig I am looking for suggestions on rotors and pads or just pads. Never really looked at brakes for the taco as oem has done well but with the added weight of everything I have now I think I need more stopping power.

Lord Humongous

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jimmy
T3G Member
Dude a while back I just did a pad slap with the Hawk super duty pads. Hawk does not reccomend you use these pads unless your towing frequently. I tow somewhat often and have heavier load E tires so I gave them a try. It was a huge difference in stopping power and brake fade. Down side is as little more noise in really dusty conditions and a tad more brake dust.

azshooter40

= V • Platinum
T3G Supporter
First Name
Robert
T3G Member
I don't tow anything but with the armor and E rated tires I am not pleased with the current oem pads. Will look into the Hawks. Was also looking at the EBC yellows but just doing some research now.

ShikyoX

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Trevor
T3G Member
Since installing the larger tires and my brakes squealing like a pig I am looking for suggestions on rotors and pads or just pads. Never really looked at brakes for the taco as oem has done well but with the added weight of everything I have now I think I need more stopping power.
Ebc makes some great rotors and pads and sell as a combi kit price is not bad either , you would be looking at ebc green stuff or yellow studs I believe

Nocoparkinglotcrawler

= II • Bronze
T3G Member
+1 for EBC. I have been swapping them onto everything I work on and have been thoroughly impressed. Pick a compound that fits your needs and they'll be great.

Side note, be sure to check Amazon's 'warehouse deals' for a bargain. Got the redstuff pads for my Golf on there for $30 a set.

Top Bottom