• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bought 2018 Tacoma and now having issues, Advice on what to do.

CSFastlane

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
What's up guys just bought bought a 2018 Tacoma SR5 with 20k miles on it from a Toyota dealer. Its not a used certified. Well while driving home I noticed vibration in the steering wheel, that is really noticeable at highway speeds and while braking the whole truck shudders. Well after looking at the service records, it looks like the first owner had been to the dealership 6 times with drivability and "brake" concerns. The last time being about 3 months ago, where it looks like he traded it in. So I am thinking they just didn't fix the issues and sold it to me:( I've read through the forums and the various fixes for vibration issues, but it looks like they tried to fix it but never could. I am sorry that my first post is negative but I am not sure what to do, since it isn't certified used and the dealer didn't offer a warranty. What should I do in this situation? Is all fault on me for not noticing it before i bought it, or should they help me out since they might of sold it knowing something was wrong? Any advice would be appreciated. First time buying a car from a dealership so I am not sure what to do.

You didn't look at the Carfax before you bought it? Sounds like the standard drive line problem. Fortunately for you it's probably best just to trade it in on something else. It's not some thing that can be fixed and Toyota has given up on it. What sucks is that dealerships pick these things up and then resell them and folks such as yourself get screwed. I really would maybe consider trading it in which is the easy way or calling corporate up so you can tell them you've been had by the dealership.

Upvote 0
You didn't look at the Carfax before you bought it? Sounds like the standard drive line problem. Fortunately for you it's probably best just to trade it in on something else. It's not some thing that can be fixed and Toyota has given up on it. What sucks is that dealerships pick these things up and then resell them and folks such as yourself get screwed. I really would maybe consider trading it in which is the easy way or calling corporate up so you can tell them you've been had by the dealership.
They had printed off the carfax but it didn't show the service notes, and the salesman even made the comment that its been serviced alot the owner took good care of it. No idea it was being brought in for problems until I looked into it. I should of knew better when they told me there was no dealer warranty on a 20k mile truck , not even a month. I traded in my other vehicle for it and had positive equity on the trade in.

Upvote 0

Is this you? You got a two page thread over there telling you exactly what to do why would you come over here and asked the same question? Is there a game being played or you don't like the answers?

Upvote 0

Is this you? You got a two page thread over there telling you exactly what to do why would you come over here and asked the same question? Is there a game being played or you don't like the answers?
no i posted on this forum first, and didn't get any replies and I wasnt sure which forum to use. I posted on this forum an hour before that post if you check the times. No games being played just didnt know which one one would be better to post.

Upvote 0
no i posted on this forum first, and didn't get any replies and I wasnt sure which forum to use. I posted on this forum an hour before that post if you check the times. No games being played just didnt know which one one would be better to post.
No worries. Hopefully you get your truck sorted.

Upvote 0
Back