Suspension - Bilstein 5100s with 285/70/17 | Page 2 | 3rd Generation Toyota Tacomas — Tacoma3G.com

Suspension Bilstein 5100s with 285/70/17

hallux

T3G Level: Gold
First Name
Das Big Toe
T3G #
I know I'm late to the convo, but I have the 5100s front and rear with OME 887 coils, and originally had a 1 in block for the rear. I upgraded the rear leaf pack when I got a bed rack and tent. I highly recommend the 5100s for basic offroading. I've taken them in rough road scenarios with dudes running Icon's and Kings and kept up fine. You will love them and they will fit the 285/70/17 with minor rubbing.
Perfect. When you say minor rubbing, is it minor rubbing at all times or?

skitzobeve42

T3G Level: Bronze
First Name
Sc0tt
T3G #
I know I'm late to the convo, but I have the 5100s front and rear with OME 887 coils, and originally had a 1 in block for the rear. I upgraded the rear leaf pack when I got a bed rack and tent. I highly recommend the 5100s for basic offroading. I've taken them in rough road scenarios with dudes running Icon's and Kings and kept up fine. You will love them and they will fit the 285/70/17 with minor rubbing.
Do you have UCA? I’m buying the same kit except with 888s.
How much rubbing did you have and did you have to trim anywhere ?

hallux

T3G Level: Gold
First Name
Das Big Toe
T3G #
So not to throw a wrench into this discussion however... I just came across a post of a guy using TRD Pro Fox Shocks, an AAL and some spacers to create nice, functional kit - anyone know about this? Is it cheaper to do this?