• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Billstein/ReadyLift 3" 6112s - thoughts?

skitzobeve42

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2022 Sport DCSB Manual
Blue Crush
Anybody have any thoughts on this kit? Still undecided to do 5100s set on 2nd notch paired with OME 888 coils. This kit seems pretty appealing but have not heard much about it on here.

Anybody have any thoughts on this kit? Still undecided to do 5100s set on 2nd notch paired with OME 888 coils. This kit seems pretty appealing but have not heard much about it on here.

You shouldn't do more than the base notch for any of the OME springs. All of their springs are designed to be used with the lowest notch. Higher will lead to faster wear and not recommended by OME as they were not designed that way.

6112 is a good suspension. That's what I went with paired with the 5160 in the rear.

The ReadyLift kit is just a new top hat that's made from billet with built in .25" spacer. Same effect if you were to get the 6112 and throw on a .25" spacer. Pretty sure it's .25" to make it a total 3". Subtract .5" if you're a double cab. Then they throw in 2" rear blocks and a diff drop. Most say the diff drop will do more harm than good. You're paying for convenience as it's assembled.

You'd get more value from just buying some KYB top hats and an AAL kit.

If anything you'd want a sway bar relocation kit, carrier bearing drop. You're just paying a premium.
You can also upgrade the front springs with the Bilstein 650lb springs for some more lift and support for weight.

6112 are very good. They’re a 2.5” shock versus a 2” shock. More oil, more heat dissipation. Better ride, better lift with less preload and much much more strength.

Shoot us a message and I’d love to chat about more differences and pass on some knowledge about different kits out there.

We also have that ReadyLift 6112 kit in stock and would be happy to hook you, or anyone up!

www.NEO-garage.com

6112 are very good. They’re a 2.5” shock versus a 2” shock. More oil, more heat dissipation. Better ride, better lift with less preload and much much more strength.

Shoot us a message and I’d love to chat about more differences and pass on some knowledge about different kits out there.

We also have that ReadyLift 6112 kit in stock and would be happy to hook you, or anyone up!

www.NEO-garage.com
Thanks for the reply. I’d like to chat more and get some more info. Looking to make a purchase soon

Ordered this kit and installing this weekend! I wanted to get some more opinions on the diff drop and sway bar brackets. Im leaning toward not installing them but wanted to get some more thoughts.

I would not get that lift kit. The shocks are great, but why use the spacers when the shock has the spring perch positions? Rear lift blocks aren't a good option. As others have said you can get an add a leaf that will improve load carrying. And it doesn't even come with rear shocks. There's probably a better option but the bilsteins are great shocks.

Ordered this kit and installing this weekend! I wanted to get some more opinions on the diff drop and sway bar brackets. Im leaning toward not installing them but wanted to get some more thoughts.
You'll want to install the sway bar brackets, as the coils will bind on the sway bar. I installed everything I got from a member. But it was Toytec Aluma 2.0, sway bar relocate, Wheelers Bump Stops and matched rear Aluma shocks.

I did not do the diff drop, but the set up was set to 2" lift. I did however have to install the ECGS bushing shortly after.

Your instincts are correct. You definitely do not need the sway bar relocation brackets. Plenty of clearance w/6112. As for the diff drop, I also think you are correct to avoid, but as my bud @TCOTUE mentioned, he has my previous suspension and had vibes in the diff and had to do ECGS right away. I have the 1" diff drop and had zero vibes (that could just be luck of draw). I am removing my diff drop as soon as my ECGS bushing is installed next month.

1648594194121.png

I would not get that lift kit. The shocks are great, but why use the spacers when the shock has the spring perch positions? Rear lift blocks aren't a good option. As others have said you can get an add a leaf that will improve load carrying. And it doesn't even come with rear shocks. There's probably a better option but the bilsteins are great shocks.
Blocks in the rear are not bad if done within a small window. My F350 has blocks from the factory, as does the Raptor.

Spacers are not used in the front in that kit, another thing to note with the rear blocks, they are tapered as well to angle the axle upwards to align the u-joints better as well.

The kit that OP linked lists a Front strut spacer.

I would argue that rear spacers are always bad on the Tacoma unless you never load it. The Add a Leafs come with angle shims as well I think.

Definitely want the sway bar spacers. They will limit down travel without them. I also recommend the diff drop. I've had axles fail due to lift. The angle change for the front drive line is minimal because it's longer, but the angle change for the axles is greater.

-M

I got the 6112 and 5160’s..plus a Icon-add-lift spring…You made want to add the drop kit and sway bar relocation kit..both are highly recommended…I also did a rear drive shaft drop kit …
Plus consider changing the front bump stops and rear bump stops…I did both..
Any lifts …there will always be additional recommendations… and add-ons…. Most people don’t realized the benefits of bump stops…research reasons for the correct size of bump stops?
Aloha

6112’s I went with 6/5….it was mention 5/4 gives a better ride…so even lower maybe “best”?

In 4x4 drive I get a binding effect on my drivelines…especially on full turns…need to put in reverse to relieve this binding… maybe I might lower my 6112s to 5/4?
Started after the lift….
Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
The kit that OP linked lists a Front strut spacer.

I would argue that rear spacers are always bad on the Tacoma unless you never load it. The Add a Leafs come with angle shims as well I think.
Kind of. It's technically a thick ass top hat. Which would be the same thing as adding a spacer. ReadyLift just made it a less parts premium CNC piece.

I got the 6112 and 5160’s..plus a Icon-add-lift spring…You made want to add the drop kit and sway bar relocation kit..both are highly recommended…I also did a rear drive shaft drop kit …
Plus consider changing the front bump stops and rear bump stops…I did both..
Any lifts …there will always be additional recommendations… and add-ons…. Most people don’t realized the benefits of bump stops…research reasons for the correct size of bump stops?
Aloha

6112’s I went with 6/5….it was mention 5/4 gives a better ride…so even lower maybe “best”?

In 4x4 drive I get a binding effect on my drivelines…especially on full turns…need to put in reverse to relieve this binding… maybe I might lower my 6112s to 5/4?
Started after the lift….
Any thoughts?
What do you mean binding? The vehicle will bind up naturally in 4x4 in turns on high traction surfaces because there's no center differential. It should resolve when you straighten out.

Binding I mean the 4x4 system locks up…won’t turn..kinda like the brakes are locking up..
Especially on a full turn..the truck has a hard time moving forwards.. like the system is jamming…
I did move my 4H into 2 wheel drive and it move forwards with NO problems..on those full turns..when it did lock up..?
There seems to be a mix match between the front and rear system? Like they are fighting each other…note this only happens on turns..but sometimes even on hard pavements (4H)..
Aloha

Binding I mean the 4x4 system locks up…won’t turn..kinda like the brakes are locking up..
Especially on a full turn..the truck has a hard time moving forwards.. like the system is jamming…
I did move my 4H into 2 wheel drive and it move forwards with NO problems..on those full turns..when it did lock up..?
There seems to be a mix match between the front and rear system? Like they are fighting each other…note this only happens on turns..but sometimes even on hard pavements (4H)..
Aloha
It sounds like it's working the way it should.

I got the 6112 and I needed the sway bar relocation.

Last edited:
Install complete. I did end up installing the sway bar brackets. I left out the diff drop.
Front sits higher than the rear by almost two inches. Hoping it settles a little bit since they are fresh.

Attachments

• 2EDD7657-1CD3-4ECF-9901-C99AAEABCFBA.jpeg
    2EDD7657-1CD3-4ECF-9901-C99AAEABCFBA.jpeg
    356.4 KB · Views: 142
Still undecided to do 5100s set on 2nd notch paired with OME 888 coils. This kit seems pretty appealing but have not heard much about it on here.
Very happy with my 5100s set @ 2" max setting. Much bigger shocks than the OEM Off Road Blistein shocks. Stuck with the OEM coils as per Bilstein recommendation. No regrets.

Install complete. I did end up installing the sway bar brackets. I left out the diff drop.
Front sits higher than the rear by almost two inches. Hoping it settles a little bit since they are fresh.
What is the rear lift? I installed mine and quickly realized I needed something for the rear.

Back