• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bike carrier over Factory Tonneau

M

MagRed

possibly a ghost :(
Didn't want a receiver bike carrier ( way too expensive), but found out the bike didn't fit behind the front seats even with the front tire removed....Ok...it did but with an extreme amount of futzing around. Wanted to be able to keep the tonneau closed and locked and also the bike. Also didn't want to drill a bunch of holes into the factory cover. Here's my solution...........
Bike 1.jpg
Bike 5.jpg

Didn't want a receiver bike carrier ( way too expensive), but found out the bike didn't fit behind the front seats even with the front tire removed....Ok...it did but with an extreme amount of futzing around. Wanted to be able to keep the tonneau closed and locked and also the bike. Also didn't want to drill a bunch of holes into the factory cover. Here's my solution...........
Bike 1.jpg
Bike 5.jpg
Thats a nice solution!

How close do those bolts get to the bodywork? Looks like they're almost touching (Your bed will flex differently than your cab, most likely you will rub the bolts into the bodywork and cause damage!!!!, idk the measurements but hopefully you have a decent amount of space between those and the cab)

Thats a nice solution!

How close do those bolts get to the bodywork? Looks like they're almost touching (Your bed will flex differently than your cab, most likely you will rub the bolts into the bodywork and cause damage!!!!, idk the measurements but hopefully you have a decent amount of space between those and the cab)
Yeah I thought the same thing so I replaced with shorter bolts. The carrier works like a charm! Just have to remember to put the front rim inside the truck LOL

Bike 1.jpg
Bike 5.jpg
That’s actually a really clean looking and simple solution! How is the rear tire secured without drilling?

That’s actually a really clean looking and simple solution! How is the rear tire secured without drilling?
Well......I did have to drill one hole into the cover to secure the small Velcro strap

Back