• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Best sliders for our Tacos

badfish_taco

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
Just made a (drunk) purchase last night for some CBI rock sliders. Didn’t do much research before buying them, because alcohol, so I’m curious to know what the rest of you think about which sliders are the best!
I know pelfrey armor is very popular but they have ridiculous lead times, and Wilco is pricey. Let me know!

Just made a (drunk) purchase last night for some CBI rock sliders. Didn’t do much research before buying them, because alcohol, so I’m curious to know what the rest of you think about which sliders are the best!
I know pelfrey armor is very popular but they have ridiculous lead times, and Wilco is pricey. Let me know!
I think you will pretty happy with your purchase.

Easy install and they will take all of the abuse you can throw at them.

Sounds like a pretty decent drunk purchase from my perspective. When I am able to buy sliders, I’m most likely gonna go with Relentless Fab since I lived out in Reno for a bit (silly reason but whatever)

Sounds like a pretty decent drunk purchase from my perspective. When I am able to buy sliders, I’m most likely gonna go with Relentless Fab since I lived out in Reno for a bit (silly reason but whatever)
I get that. Support local.
That’s one of the reasons why I originally wanted to go with Pelfreybilt. They’re located about 20 minutes from me. But their lead time is ridiculous for sliders. Last I checked it was 12 weeks. That’s almost towards the end of summer!

I get that. Support local.
That’s one of the reasons why I originally wanted to go with Pelfreybilt. They’re located about 20 minutes from me. But their lead time is ridiculous for sliders. Last I checked it was 12 weeks. That’s almost towards the end of summer!

I ordered mine from Mobtown the bolt on in April....it was 8 wk lead time but emailed them few days ago and said they are running behind. Said hopefully within 2 weeks should be shipped....

so i patiently wait...sorta

I ordered mine from Mobtown the bolt on in April....it was 8 wk lead time but emailed them few days ago and said they are running behind. Said hopefully within 2 weeks should be shipped....

Lead times never bothr me when its quailty you buy

Attachments

• received_10156115636801083.jpeg
    received_10156115636801083.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 287
  • received_10156115636091083.jpeg
    received_10156115636091083.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 516

dude me too. I spoke to joe and i'm furious. I need them before i drive to Ca.

So for my truck I have SDHQ Offroad sliders they are a local shop for me but their sliders are different than all the others on the market. They are made from 4130 chromoly tubing, they are Tig welded, they are fully supported front to rear with 4 support legs, and they are 100% bolt on no drilling of frame needed. Here is a link to their site to buy them.
https://sdhqoffroad.com/collections...current-toyota-tacoma-sdhq-built-rock-sliders
Also there a quite a few members who have them on here if you have any questions feel free to ask. Here’s a picture of mine on my truck. They also are in the final stages of development for the DCLB as well. Also I have dropped my truck on them quite a few times and they are strong as hell.
214C29B9-7369-4E5C-ACDD-9E5D5D0D7B4E.jpeg
18A65132-0359-4E3E-A1A9-AAD6FBA90763.jpeg

381CDC9C-EC4E-469D-AE34-C915E2F04AC5.jpeg

216A2107-E422-48F1-BAC7-536D9AB5BAB8.jpeg

E5AC110B-4F6A-4E20-9EA6-2C311A8B71A3.jpeg

Cbi are good stuff. We have a set on our FJ and 5th gen 4 runner training vehicles and they have worked and fit well so far. I went with mobtown sliders. I almost went with the SDHQ but for my level of abuse I couldn't justify the tradeoff on cost for the weight and strength benefits of the chromoly.

Nice drunk purchase! Think you will like them.
I wanted to stay local so I went with Avid weld on sliders. Haven't put them to use just yet but I like them and they will take the abuse.

I can confirm that SDHQ's sliders are the bee's knees, if you have cash burning a hole in your wallet and want the very best, they're the way to go.

With that being said, I'm on my 3rd set of Avid Off Road sliders... I've previously had two sets of Avid weld-ons but finally decided to go bolt-on this time so I don't keep losing them when I trade the truck in.

Avid is a shop local to me, but even if you are out of state I believe they are the most affordable option on the market without sacrificing functionality. Brandon uses a simple and clean design. They do the job of protecting doors, rocker panels, etc. just as well as any others on the trail, and fully support the weight of the truck. Of course you can order them any way you'd like, from completely horizontal to extremely tucked, but I prefer 20-degree angles on them personally which enables use as a step and stops door dings like a boss. They give you the confidence you need while hardcore mall crawling in the front row at Macy's when you're stuck between the cart rack and that 11-year-old piece of shit minivan that is parked sideways and hasn't been washed since 2013...

Last edited:
I can confirm that SDHQ's sliders are the bee's knees, if you have cash burning a hole in your wallet and want the very best, they're the way to go.

With that being said, I'm on my 3rd set of Avid Off Road sliders... I've previously had two sets of Avid weld-ons but finally decided to go bolt-on this time so I don't keep losing them when I trade the truck in.

Avid is a shop local to me, but even if you are out of state I believe they are the most affordable option on the market without sacrificing functionality. Brandon uses a simple and clean design. They do the job of protecting doors, rocker panels, etc. just as well as any others on the trail, and fully support the weight of the truck. Of course you can order them any way you'd like, from completely horizontal to extremely tucked, but I prefer 20-degree angles on them personally which enables use as a step and stops door dings like a boss. They give you the confidence you need while hardcore mall crawling in the front row at Macy's when you're stuck between the cart rack and that 11-year-old piece of shit minivan that is parked sideways and hasn't been washed since 2013...
Do Avid's bolt-on's support the weight of the truck? There website says it mounts to running board mount points, but that doesn't seem right.

Do Avid's bolt-on's support the weight of the truck? There website says it mounts to running board mount points, but that doesn't seem right.
They do not sell their bolt to frame sliders online, you need to contact them.

What you see on the website are either weld-ons or their "sliders lite", which bolt to the body and are basically door guards / step bars for people who don't really wheel. They're a good option for people who never go beyond fire roads and such but want a little peace of mind from something heavier duty than the typical JC Whitney quality nerf bars.

Back