• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Best mud flaps?

gene158

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
2018 Sport DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
I currently have the oem mud flaps on my dcsb. I’m thinking I might wanna switch to a more flexible mud flap setup. I don’t plan on doing much off-roading but I don’t want the stock ones to catch on a snowbank or something and rip off. I don’t really want universal fit ones or flaps that are too floppy. How are the Rokblokz? They look pretty good.

I’ve heard many good things about the Rokblokz and I think they’re pretty much what everyone gets besides the OEM ones. There are also some by Plasticolor on Amazon that should be cheaper and I know people that use those too.

I bought the plasticolor ones from the parts store when I went to the KO2 tires and have been very happy with them. Cheap at $50, flexible and very functional. They look fine and have saved my truck from lower body rock chips. Isn't that all that matters. This is the small set. They make longer and wider ones for larger lifts and tires.
plasticolor lt rr.jpg

I’ve heard many good things about the Rokblokz and I think they’re pretty much what everyone gets besides the OEM ones. There are also some by Plasticolor on Amazon that should be cheaper and I know people that use those too.

I had the rokblokz. They were great untill the new wheels rubbed like crazy on em

Konig coutersteer type x
Diameter: 17″
Width: 8″
Bolt pattern (PCD): 6×139.7mm
Offset: -10mm
Backspacing: 4.1″

Nitto ridge grapplers
255/80/17

+1 for rokblokz. Could be biased though since it seems to be the brand of choice for many among our community. Definitely well built and durable enough for both street and offroad use.

I don’t wheel in mine but I bought the XL RexGen flaps for my 2018 Tacoma. Stiffer than what I expected but have worked out great so far. Haven’t gone through Chicago winter yet to see how they hold up but they give me the coverage & look I wanted. As long as you go with what you want & you like it that’s all that matters. Welcome to the club.

I have the rokblokz. They're stiffer than what I would prefer, but better than the "splashguards" that the truck came with. I had RallyArmors on my STI's, VW's and even my wife's old Mazda3. If I remember right they didn't have anything for the 3rd Gen Tacomas when I got the Rokblokz. I prefer the more flexible urethane RallyArmors. Like stated earlier in the thread, I didn't want to fit some universal mudflap.

Back